Questioning General Logic

Post your mods and custom content here

Questioning General Logic

Postby SilverChiren » Sun May 26, 2013 7:02 am

Any of you awesome folk know some voodoo trickery to make 'Ally' type creatures work when spawned from cages like the animals bought from the Boat? The createFriendly tag does not seem to work properly... The entity does spawn, but entirely loses all special behavior. Before making the cage, the creatures worked just fine in how they are supposed to, following townies and providing buffs. However the instant I coded the cage in, they stopped being able to follow townies and did not use their abilities at all. Do I have to make a dummy version that is a Friendly type entity that spawns the Ally type entity and t hen vanishes? Or would that even work?
SilverChiren

Location: In items.xml working out how to make strawberries not be overpowered...

Re: Questioning General Logic

Postby caprontos » Sun May 26, 2013 2:25 pm

try making a dummy friendly that maxages in to your ally mob.. maybe that will work?

I have no played with the ally mobs so I am not sure it will work but worth a try..
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Postby burningpet » Sun May 26, 2013 9:17 pm

every living created should have all the tags working when created. can you paste the code so we could check it?
burningpet

Postby SilverChiren » Mon May 27, 2013 2:12 am

Well I don't think the issue is in the mob code, but this is all of that:

Code: Select all
   <chocobo>
      <type>ALLY</type>
      <hate>ENEMY</hate>
      <name esES="Chocobo">Chocobo</name>
      <attack>1d250+840</attack>
      <attackSpeed>6</attackSpeed>
      <defense>1d250+240</defense>
      <healthPoints>1d250+750</healthPoints>
      <attackVerb esES="picotea">pecks</attackVerb>
      <attackVerbInfinitive esES="picotear">peck</attackVerbInfinitive>
      <damage>1d99+150</damage>
      <LOS>1d3+4</LOS>
      <movePCT>80</movePCT>
      <walkSpeed>45</walkSpeed>
      <facingDirections>true</facingDirections>      <followEntity>citizenmale,citizenmale2,citizenmale3,citizenmale4,citizenmale5,citizenmale6,citizenfemale,citizenfemale2,citizenfemale3,citizenfemale4,citizenfemale5,citizenfemale6</followEntity>
      <followTurns>50</followTurns>
      <evadeTraps>true</evadeTraps>
      <effects>chocoCheer</effects>
      <drop>
         <item>chocofeather</item>
         <PCT>100</PCT>
      </drop>
   </chocobo>

I had all of it set up and it worked fine having it generate in the world at the start. Then I added the box:

Code: Select all
   <action>
      <id>qboxChocobo</id>
      <name esES="Liberar">Open the</name>
      <priorityID>itemconstruction</priorityID>
      <queue>
         <move useSource="true">boxChocobo</move>
         <wait>1</wait>
         <move useSource="true">boxChocobo</move>
         <destroyCellItem />
         <createFriendly>chocobo</createFriendly>
      </queue>
   </action>

And then things started going broke. Most of the entities of the actual creature spawned in turn into a ghosted version of the drop item, the texture of the box is glitched into the ground (though might be my fault on not doing the texture right), and they don't use their effects how they should. Going to try removing the box again and seeing if it works right. I tried using <createAlly> rather than <createFriendly> and the game crashed telling me that it wasn't recognized.

Edit: Found that the effects might also be my fault because I think I screwed something up with the code there... Most of this might just be me doing things wrong because I am a nub and don't know half of what I'm doing. I'm trying to figure out all of what is going wrong, just the entities turning into ghost items after adding the box really confused me mostly.

-I stuck it in code boxes cause its easier to follow I think... - Caprontos.
SilverChiren

Location: In items.xml working out how to make strawberries not be overpowered...

Postby caprontos » Mon May 27, 2013 2:32 am

Well<createFriendly> works with any living so that's not an issue. (well should not be.. unless there is a bug where it does not work with allies but I don't see why it wouldn't).

I don't see anything wrong with it though with out trying to do it myself.. So not really sure..
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Postby SilverChiren » Mon May 27, 2013 2:50 am

Oh derp, figured it out. In the graphics file I put a 10 instead of 11. That solved all problems, thanks for being helpful anyways! :D
SilverChiren

Postby caprontos » Mon May 27, 2013 2:58 am

No problem.

as for the mod .. you could do a red chocobo and give him Choco Meteor!... Final Fantasy Tactics is fun... Can be like fire armor..
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Postby SilverChiren » Mon May 27, 2013 6:12 am

I had already been planning on how I could pull that off! High damage fire effect with a decently long cooldown maybe? So far I only have two effects done, and the chocobos are coded to follow townies, provide happiness or healing, and also attack monsters on sight.
SilverChiren

Postby caprontos » Mon May 27, 2013 1:26 pm

Yeah just the fire armors aura effect so its just an aoe fire spell... probably be the easiest way for now.
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Postby Haggy » Thu May 30, 2013 1:13 pm

One may still use graphics from other games? Have yourself a Chocobo mod also tinkered ^ ^ never published

My English is bad. Sorry, but this will not Change.

Schreib einfach in deutsch zurück ;)

Haggys Mod Comp.
Haggy

Return to Modding