Flat map

Post here your suggestions for future Towns releases

Flat map

Postby elpepe » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:32 pm

I'd really love it if there was an option to generate an superflat map with ( almost ) no mountains.

ok, some hero's might not be able to come then but for a big town it would be nice.
elpepe

Re: Flat map

Postby caprontos » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:36 pm

I sorta agree... I was thinking it should be like tutorial maps flat.. maybe 50% with river and lakes and 50% with out (since sometimes they are nice and sometimes they are in the way depending what you wanted..)

Basically a normal map with out hills.. We can add hills to get heroes so that isn't an issue.
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Postby burningpet » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:11 pm

It can be easily done right now, just open up the gen_map.xml and delete any height seeds you see. we might make an official flat land though.
burningpet

Postby elpepe » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:57 pm

ok, thanks ! :D
elpepe

Postby Procne » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:13 am

Oh, that's very nice. Next world will be flat for me.

It's not that I don't like varied, hilly world. But until there is some real terraforming added I will prefer to have it flat. Instead of having to use this "cheat" to manually change height, tile by tile
Procne

Postby ZyChrome » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:07 am

Hi! just joined... i tried setting the max height ti 25 and changed nothing else..... it was SOOOOOOOOOOOO WEIRD!!!!!
ZyChrome

Postby YetiChow » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:15 am

ZyChrome wrote:Hi! just joined... i tried setting the max height ti 25 and changed nothing else..... it was SOOOOOOOOOOOO WEIRD!!!!!

What you did was set the number of levels, not the maximum height. Because of the way the game generates the map starting from the top, the number of levels basically controls the order. It sounds like you made 25 levels of sky, which would mean that things which should be 2 levels "below ground" would now be many levels above ground.... hehehe :lol:

What you want to do for a flat map is to look for <heightSeed> - that's what makes mountains and hills. Remove all of those entries, and you'll have a flat surface :)
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Return to Suggestions