Hospital beds not working?

Post here your suggestions for future Towns releases

Hospital beds not working?

Postby bobolous » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:22 am

I had my first "severely wounded" person who managed to make it back to town before dying from giant spider bites.

I was surprised he went straight to bed in his personal room rather than to hospital, which was equipped with six unused beds! But I figured his personal room was just nearer and he thought sleep was more urgent than getting to hospital.

But I was then really surprised that he went to hospital but didn't use a bed to recover, and then even when he got tired he left to get more sleep in his personal room! Presumably this slows down his healing time? And it looks very odd for patients to wander off when there are perfectly good beds in the hopsital.

So the suggestion is: make healing people stay in hospital if there's a bed.

Related: the patient also gets up to eat in the dining room, which again doesn't seem like realistic behaviour for a "severely wounded" person who's in hospital to heal. I will put a barrel of prepared food in the hospital to see if he'll use that. However, I suggest that maybe a new task be created: Feed Patient. It would be triggered by a person in hospital (preferably in a bed) when there's no food in the hospital; instead of going to find for food themselves, this task triggers in another nearby person who goes to bring them the food. The patient would then eat food available in the hospital.
bobolous

Re: Hospital beds not working?

Postby SphaZ » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:39 pm

Hospital beds, far as I know, are not implemented yet.
SphaZ

Re: Hospital beds not working?

Postby maryjoyallives » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:08 am

For me, I would rather use my own bed than a hospital bed, because I feel sicker using it. :)
maryjoyallives

Return to Suggestions