Zones are 2x2x2

Post here your suggestions for future Towns releases

Zones are 2x2x2

Postby nhiscool » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:41 am

It would help a lot with the whole roofing / house thing.

Supposedly making zones inside of a house gives you a sort of boost and a nice thing to look at.

I also can't destroy roofs that fall on top of stuff. .

(I know well that you can "build" another roof "somewhere else" and the villagers will take the roof there but, being unable to right click and destroy it is kind of a pain in the ass :)
nhiscool

Re: Zones are 2x2x2

Postby YetiChow » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:40 am

Giving zones a height requirement would be pretty difficult; and it would mean that "rooms" would need to occupy more than one level. That would mean recognition for multi-block items and livings, and that would probably require extensive re-writes. Not that I'm against the idea - in fact I'd love to see that - but it would be a looooong time coming.

However, it's easy to make zones 2x2 on the horizontal plane - in fact, it can be modded already; or if you aren't confident with that you can just pause the game, add a liquid on the zone cell you want removed, and remove the liquid and hey presto - the zone tile is gone!

I think the easiest solution would be for the Devs to make it so that the default zone size is 1 tile, and add <minSize> to the zones which they want to be 3x3 minimum; so that players need only comment out a few lines rather than adding any if they seek to mod the zone sizes.
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby Solraven » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:46 am

you can right click, and destroy it... but you have to click in the correct box... if you press "m" you will turn off the auto mouse and will only be able to select/interact with things on the level you are on. otherwise the mouse jumps to the lowest valid tile when you move it. i cant stand the auto mouse... how can anyone play with it turned on
Solraven

Postby namal » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:46 am

I'd expect that more than just rogues would consider stealing if the money got too low; but Rogues would have it as a first/second resort rather than a last resort.

I would love to see it that rogues behave like Skyrim players - if there's an un-guarded barrel with valuable things in it (you know, apples or candlesticks :lol:) then those items would disappear when the rogues get bored, and the best way to keep the rogues occupied is of course the dungeon so it rewards players for having "active" heroes and not leaving them idle for too long.
We are the leading the world in providing best HP0-Y32 latest exam dumps gre and IFPUG prep solutions.
namal

Return to Suggestions