a new economy

Post here your suggestions for future Towns releases

a new economy

Postby Solraven » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:42 am

It would be really nice if heroes got gold, gems, and heads for kills to spend or trade. expand the market system so you can make booth/shop to attract vendors and merchants that can buy junk off the heroes and sell them weapons, armor, potions, and power ups.

you could build booth/shop tiles the way tavern rooms work with the tavern, than rather than caravans running through you could attract a merchant to set up shop in your town. you could buy or sell to them depending on what they deal in. the maximum number of merchants depends on population, and different merchants have different prerequisites.
Solraven

Re: a new economy

Postby mad_genius » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:29 pm

+1
mad_genius

Postby Boechat » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:51 am

+1

The idea of create shop zones, to act with market, like the tavern+tavern room already works, it is good!

Adding the idea that the heroes also should buy equipments from us in market, not just come and get, excluding rogues and any other "bad hero" like.
And like we have workers and soldiers, vendors to sell itens that we permit or deny, in similar way like the stock piles.
Maby create a new zone to act like the workers room to these stationary vendors.

I hope that my thoughts add value to the idea.
Boechat

Postby Espero » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:55 am

I believe that was the intention to get there eventually but definitely a +1 from me nonetheless!

...but would our devilish rogues still be stealing?
“All fixed set patterns are incapable of adaptability or pliability. The truth is outside of all fixed patterns.” -Bruce Lee
Espero

Postby YetiChow » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:18 am

Espero wrote:I believe that was the intention to get there eventually but definitely a +1 from me nonetheless!

...but would our devilish rogues still be stealing?

If/when the full economy is finished (and by "full" economy I'm thinking everything from heroes renting rooms, buying and selling gear, caravans being fleshed out a little more, maybe even sending out our own caravans...), I'd expect that more than just rogues would consider stealing if the money got too low; but Rogues would have it as a first/second resort rather than a last resort.

I would love to see it that rogues behave like Skyrim players - if there's an un-guarded barrel with valuable things in it (you know, apples or candlesticks :lol:) then those items would disappear when the rogues get bored, and the best way to keep the rogues occupied is of course the dungeon so it rewards players for having "active" heroes and not leaving them idle for too long.
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby superhobo666 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:25 am

+1

Make it so hero's don't equip themselves with your towns gear, they come with their own stuff, and buy better gear from the town shop or stuff they find from kills.
superhobo666

Postby lhartvik » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:15 pm

I expected there to be a store tile for heroes, it's the one thing that the game needs imo. You'd keep different kinds of armor that heroes must pay for. And heroes would have to buy food in the tavern.
I suppose building a thieves guild could handle the rogue problem discussed here. When a rogue hero steals something, an object of similar value pops up in the thieves guild (or among the overclass, insinuating a conspiracy?).
Maybe even hand out quests of retrieving items from dungeons.
lhartvik

Postby blackbee045 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:08 am

I'd expect that more than just rogues would consider stealing if the money got too low; but Rogues would have it as a first/second resort rather than a last resort.

I would love to see it that rogues behave like Skyrim players - if there's an un-guarded barrel with valuable things in it (you know, apples or candlesticks :lol:) then those items would disappear when the rogues get bored, and the best way to keep the rogues occupied is of course the dungeon so it rewards players for having "active" heroes and not leaving them idle for too long.
blackbee045

Postby YetiChow » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:57 am

blackbee045 wrote:I'd expect that more than just rogues would consider stealing if the money got too low; but Rogues would have it as a first/second resort rather than a last resort.

I believe that was the original intention; although a lot of players were frustrated by how commonly rogues stole things.

If you want all your heroes to consider stealing stuff; you can go into heroes.xml and set their <moral> values pretty low; or give them a high-random dice roll (e.g. 1d80+20 for "normal" heroes like knights, so they have a minimum moral of 20 and can still get a high moral if they roll high), remember that moral is the deciding factor in which heroes will party with each other so you want to include some kinds of "levels", otherwise you'll have a tiny group of incorruptible heroes who refuse to party with the others.

Personally, I'd love to see rogues having very sticky fingers; barbarians who won't pay rent; Dwarves who would fight their own grandmas for a few coins, Elves who would rather sit in the tavern and play their harp than get their robes dirty... that was the original premise of the game; and I hope that the Devs can bring the focus back closer to that.
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Return to Suggestions