Towns group on Steam

General discussion about the game

Re: Towns group on Steam

Postby YetiChow » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:02 am

MoLAoS wrote:I spent 10 minutes reading about 12 threads all the way through on the Steam forums and I have revised my opinion even more to the negative. The number of trolls vs legitimate complaints and thought out discussion does not back up claims made here of unreasonable negative reaction.

Even though there are a lot of legitmate complaints, they could have been presented with more tact - there's an awful lot of "fix it now" type complaints and not a lot of solutions as to how to fix the problems; there are also a lot of "Towns sucks booooo!" trolls which contain a kernel of real complaint but have morphed into a troll full of "brilliant" sarcastic humour (and worse besides), SHOUTING!, and just plain not-nice behaviour - if someone has a legitimate complaint then there are better ways to make it, and if that complaint has been made before they could always seek out the existing complaint and add to it rather than assuming that their complaint is unique and more important than any other complaint in existence. You might think we're being too harsh on Steam, there are many who think that the Steam community isn't policing itself harshly enough - it's a difference of opinion and no amount of re-posting or discussion will change that.
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby rumboon » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:04 pm

YetiChow wrote:
MoLAoS wrote:I spent 10 minutes reading about 12 threads all the way through on the Steam forums and I have revised my opinion even more to the negative. The number of trolls vs legitimate complaints and thought out discussion does not back up claims made here of unreasonable negative reaction.

Even though there are a lot of legitmate complaints, they could have been presented with more tact - there's an awful lot of "fix it now" type complaints and not a lot of solutions as to how to fix the problems; there are also a lot of "Towns sucks booooo!" trolls which contain a kernel of real complaint but have morphed into a troll full of "brilliant" sarcastic humour (and worse besides), SHOUTING!, and just plain not-nice behaviour - if someone has a legitimate complaint then there are better ways to make it, and if that complaint has been made before they could always seek out the existing complaint and add to it rather than assuming that their complaint is unique and more important than any other complaint in existence. You might think we're being too harsh on Steam, there are many who think that the Steam community isn't policing itself harshly enough - it's a difference of opinion and no amount of re-posting or discussion will change that.

Oh comeon YetiChow, this is so.....Im not even going to name it. You know yourself there are rightfull claims, but you and the rest of the fannies, dont want to see it. Im not going to name them here, as you already know them all to well. If the dev and the fannies would have been honest from day one, this wouldnt have escallated on STEAM. The dev and the fannies have only themselves to blame. Yes, there will always be people that flame and troll, but the mainstream would have shown respect if the dev and the fannies wouldnt have lied, shouted, trolled and flamed the critical fans. I like the game concept, but its way too bad for the price they sold it. Its one thing to want money, but its another if you dont deliver. You know what I mean! And words are words, the dev should show deeds first now! He has had too many words, but noone believes him anymore. So, there you have it. You fannies can attack me, but you all know the truth all too well!
rumboon

Postby caprontos » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:27 pm

rumboon wrote:Oh comeon YetiChow, this is so.....Im not even going to name it. You know yourself there are rightfull claims, but you and the rest of the fannies, dont want to see it. Im not going to name them here, as you already know them all to well. If the dev and the fannies would have been honest from day one, this wouldnt have escallated on STEAM. The dev and the fannies have only themselves to blame. Yes, there will always be people that flame and troll, but the mainstream would have shown respect if the dev and the fannies wouldnt have lied, shouted, trolled and flamed the critical fans. I like the game concept, but its way too bad for the price they sold it. Its one thing to want money, but its another if you dont deliver. You know what I mean! And words are words, the dev should show deeds first now! He has had too many words, but noone believes him anymore. So, there you have it. You fannies can attack me, but you all know the truth all too well!

Well if you don't actually say the issues how are we to know them?.. Not every one reads the steam forums you know..

At any rate, I agree with you I think - If I am assuming correctly.

Once the dev's get the ball rolling again (aka start releseing patches and updates again at the usual pace) - much of the negativity will fade as things start moving forward again. Clearly pausing the development hasn't been the best thing.

I can say I suppose that it is for sure happening - As "testing" has begun again... So shouldn't be long till they get back in to things...
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Postby ericb1800 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:22 am

rumboon wrote:
YetiChow wrote:

Oh comeon YetiChow, this is so.....Im not even going to name it. You know yourself there are rightfull claims, but you and the rest of the fannies, dont want to see it. Im not going to name them here, as you already know them all to well. If the dev and the fannies would have been honest from day one, this wouldnt have escallated on STEAM. The dev and the fannies have only themselves to blame. Yes, there will always be people that flame and troll, but the mainstream would have shown respect if the dev and the fannies wouldnt have lied, shouted, trolled and flamed the critical fans. I like the game concept, but its way too bad for the price they sold it. Its one thing to want money, but its another if you dont deliver. You know what I mean! And words are words, the dev should show deeds first now! He has had too many words, but noone believes him anymore. So, there you have it. You fannies can attack me, but you all know the truth all too well!

How do you know this is not what the developers considered a completed game? It does everything it says its supposed to do. And no where does it say they will release any patch in any given timeframe... Just because you are not happy with the game does not mean it is a bad game... Does the game have issues? sure it does, but then so does EVERY game EVER made... At least these developers, until they get tarred and feathered, are good enough to fix issues that arise...
ericb1800

Postby Locklave » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:37 am

Lol post retracted.
Last edited by Locklave on Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Locklave

Postby muzzy » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:53 pm

Tsk tsk. Replying to something posted over half a year ago.
muzzy

Postby Blackfire1 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:34 pm

The steam forums are full of assholes. . . and I thought we were bad. haha.

better not like playing Towns or the Hipster trolls gunna get ya.
Blackfire1

Postby rumboon » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:51 pm

Well can you blame people for getting angry? No! The devs promised alot and are gone, ran away with the cash and are busy with another game and let this one die. Only saying they want to hire someone to finish it, but where is the new person? Nowhere!
rumboon

Postby aloalo » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:35 am

I'd finish it. all i'd ask for payment is 50% of the cut from all future sales of towns and for me to have complete creative control.
aloalo

Postby Madara Uchiha » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:45 am

I believe the proper reply to that would be
or
or perhaps

----

On a more serious note, did you really think that was going to happen? Or are you just trolling?
Madara Uchiha

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion