Towns group on Steam

General discussion about the game

Re: Towns group on Steam

Postby City Builder » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:23 pm

Tutamun wrote:Steam Greenlight
http://steamcommunity.com/greenlight/

This could be a great opportunity to get Towns onto Steam. (Greenlight will probably launch at the end of August.)

I thought that I just read on another game forum (dawn of fantasy MMORTS) that to get on greenlight one also has to have a positive metacritic score as well. Not just by the users but by "professional" game review sites as well. Or did I misread and that's only to get on Steam itself?
City Builder

Postby OsculatePlunger » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:34 am

Personally towns would be better where it is. It might get a boost if and when the game becomes available on steam, but considering the completion and the steam crowd it might take month before it's on sale.
A door can be open two ways, one is to open other to close. Help us out! http://dragona.sc.gameclub.com/Board/Event/ViewFrm.asp?Idx=1857
OsculatePlunger

Postby JSJosh » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:01 pm

i still would prefer towns on steam, steam is probably the biggest game distrobuting site ever! it will most definatly get more views and buys on steam, plus, this looks like a game my friends would like, and theyre only on steam
The Minecraft and Terraria King! Your lookin at him! :D
JSJosh

Postby JSJosh » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:03 pm

it may take a month, but what is another site, distrobuting Towns, gonna cause any harm?
The Minecraft and Terraria King! Your lookin at him! :D
JSJosh

Postby Tutamun » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:06 pm

Steam... well, I like to have all my games in one place. Install the steam client on any of my computers... browse the list of games I own and click to install and play without needing a CD/DVD or anything else. (I simply do not play games that need a CD in the drive because it is too much effort to go and get the CD... not to mention the disturbing noise of modern DVD-drives.)
Buying is also super easy. I can play 5 minutes after clicking the buy button.
It's really easy to use. The whole client. (There are a few minor complaints... but compared to others it's like heaven.)
The forums are only one click away. e.g. for a game on sale... You can easily check the forums for the "is it worth it" thread or read about problems the game may have. The steam forums often influence me into buying/not buying a game. (Negative comments do not automatically mean that I will not buy the game. But I know what to expect and decide if I can live with it.)

One point I'm not sure if I like or dislike it is the integrated friends online status and chat. It is super convenient... but imagine you have added your boss to your friends list to play a game with him and now he can see when you are online and what games you play... and he knows why you are so tired the next day at work. ;) But I tend to be more on the 'like' side with this feature. I've stopped using other chat tools and when I'm ready for some online game I start steam and check if a friend is only or wait until someone shows up. You can still play most games in offline mode if you so desire.

Buying directly from the developers homepage, or BMT, or thousands of different other sites... How should I keep all the links, username/passwords, mails, keys, etc. together and have them ready when I want to play game X.

Steam is not the only platform around, but in my opinion it is the best (for my needs).
Desura isn't bad either. The interface lacks a bit and they don't have as many games as steam.
GameStop (ex. Impulse) isn't bad either. I've got a few games there too... but I've purchased those games that I often play on steam again just for the convenience of having them all on one platform. (Nothing expensive... I can wait for the 75% deal on steam. ;))
I did not try Origin or any of the other ones floating around.
Tutamun

Postby Tutamun » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:37 pm

btw. Greenlight has started.

And here is the link to Towns:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92927895&searchtext=

*edit* Oh! there is also a sticky... :)
Tutamun

Postby Trinsec » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:57 am

Stumbled on this game via Greenlight and I think it's a neat concept.

Just to make sure, if I go buy this via Desura, I can get Steam keys for free when this game actually gets on Steam? I'd love this on Steam, but I'd also like to give my support already and be able to play it unrestricted. :)
Trinsec

Postby Jon_jon13 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:15 am

Yep, it says in the description of the greenlight post that they will give steam keys to anyone who already paid for the game :D
This device requires watergineers, m'lord!
Jon_jon13

Postby Juroz » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:03 pm

i just voted :D we are now 15%
Juroz

Postby Camble_soup » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:27 pm

So I bought this game from this site I think it was $13.20 so do I get a steam cd key when or if it goes on steam?
Untill next time, Camble.
"Does thou's mother knowth you wearth her drapes?" - Iron man talking to Thor in The Avengers.
Camble_soup

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion