A way to enter a more "Sandbox'esque" mode?

General discussion about the game

A way to enter a more "Sandbox'esque" mode?

Postby lekkimsm2500 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:10 am

So far, i am greatly enjoying the game, EXCEPT from the damn mobs that plenty of my villagers keep running into, no matter what i seem to tell them.

I was wondering if someone had figured out how to disable those things, and for that matter, anything else that has the tendencies to hurt them?
lekkimsm2500

Re: A way to enter a more "Sandbox'esque" mode?

Postby Woods » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:31 pm

On the normal map, the "Froggies" usually remain on their part of the map. If you take a look at the map first, and build your first city well away from them, you shouldn't have any problems. After you create some armored soldiers, you can handle them without any problem and expand your city.

On the harder maps, dealing with the aggressive mobs is part of the challenge.

But I agree, that having a "peaceful" option in the setup would be a nice option for some.
Woods

Postby lekkimsm2500 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:11 pm

Woods wrote:On the normal map, the "Froggies" usually remain on their part of the map. If you take a look at the map first, and build your first city well away from them, you shouldn't have any problems. After you create some armored soldiers, you can handle them without any problem and expand your city.

But I agree, that having a "peaceful" option in the setup would be a nice option for some.

Sure would be nice to have that option, yes.

I have another question. Is there some more that makes it possible to spawn whatever resource you'd want? Like, mod-wise? Right click > Spawn, etc!

Have anyone done this yet?
lekkimsm2500

Postby LittleMikey » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:17 pm

lekkimsm2500 wrote:
Woods wrote:On the normal map, the "Froggies" usually remain on their part of the map. If you take a look at the map first, and build your first city well away from them, you shouldn't have any problems. After you create some armored soldiers, you can handle them without any problem and expand your city.

Sure would be nice to have that option, yes.

I have another question. Is there some more that makes it possible to spawn whatever resource you'd want? Like, mod-wise? Right click > Spawn, etc!

Have anyone done this yet?

http://www.townsgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=942 is a mod that allows you to build stuff for free. It's good for setting up a base then turning it off and playing normally.

To make more of a sandbox mode, you can go into "\towns\data\campaigns\c1" and select the map you want to edit. Then find the file "gen_livingentities.xml" and right click it and select edit. Find the monsters you want to edit, such as Froggy, then change the value between <qtty></qtty> to 0 or however many you want.
LittleMikey

Postby Zerocyde » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:01 pm

Just make some wooden swords and bows right off. Makes froggies and such kind of a non-issue.
Zerocyde

Postby lekkimsm2500 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:32 pm

LittleMikey wrote:http://www.townsgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=942 is a mod that allows you to build stuff for free. It's good for setting up a base then turning it off and playing normally.

To make more of a sandbox mode, you can go into "\towns\data\campaigns\c1" and select the map you want to edit. Then find the file "gen_livingentities.xml" and right click it and select edit. Find the monsters you want to edit, such as Froggy, then change the value between <qtty></qtty> to 0 or however many you want.

Awesome, thanks!
lekkimsm2500

Postby addseo2015 » Sun May 24, 2015 3:14 am

tendencies to hurt them?
gclub
addseo2015

Postby BlueSteelAUS » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:03 am

as many have stated there are ways around thins but without someone writing a mod taking out all the badguys and making it that players canm eat dirt or not have to eat at all . theres many many different things youi can do to modify the game. just takes practise and a little exploring of the .xml files.
BlueSteelAUS

Return to General discussion