Towns v7 has been released

General discussion about the game

Towns v7 has been released

Postby supermalparit » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:07 pm

Towns v7 has been released !!

News v7
http://www.townsgame.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=230%3Atowns-v7&catid=1%3Amainpagecategory&Itemid=1

Patch notes
http://www.townsgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1420

Upload status

Web users
- All builds done

BMT Micro users
- All builds done

Desura + Indie Royale
- All builds done

Gamersgate
- All builds done

Note
Towns v7 IS savegame compatible with Towns v6. Unfortunatelly you have to manually move the savegame to the new save folder.
To do that just locate your save folder (in Windows is something like C:/Documents and Settings/YOURUSERNAME/.towns/save/). Inside that folder you will see a folder for every build we released (0.60, 0.60a, v6). You just have to rename that v6 folder to v7 and that's all!

Enjoy!
Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team

Re: Towns v7 has been released

Postby Buster10 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:56 pm

Oh thank god for save game compatibility. I JUST started a world, first time in version 6, an hour ago. Did not feel like making a new already!
Buster10

Postby EnvizionRev » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:32 pm

Wow a new patch already! I'm glad it's save game compatible too. I just started a lets play. And I have high hopes for it too!
-- Envizion Revelations, Towns Moderator
EnvizionRev

Postby City Builder » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:08 am

Awesome, the first save game compatible patch I think. A new milestone. ;)
City Builder

Postby Camble_soup » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:26 am

It is saved game compatible!? Dang it.... :cry:
Untill next time, Camble.
"Does thou's mother knowth you wearth her drapes?" - Iron man talking to Thor in The Avengers.
Camble_soup

Postby JuddMan » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:24 am

Aww the spiders got 8 directions but look wierd now.
JuddMan

Postby tom k. » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:58 am

City Builder wrote:Awesome, the first save game compatible patch I think. A new milestone. ;)

IIRC 0.47a was compatible with 0.47 :)
Tom K.
Former Community Moderator

Please read the FAQs before posting.
Towns' Official Modding Partner Site - Townsmods.net
tom k.

Postby Ziel » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:10 am

does anyone know if 0.60a will work with v7? I started playing 0.60a the other day and finally have a stable down. I was being sneaky and around 3am shutdown the internet on the boat and downloaded v7 never even seen v6 had come out.

I tried to move the save file like they said, but when I go to hit continue game it goes black and shuts down the program with no errors poping up. If I can not upgrade from 0.60a could someone help me out with getting a mod or something.

My main reason for updating was to get the fix to keep my people from taking jobs that will starve them to death. I downloaded v7 after selling alot to caravan I was digging a line around my area to setup a trap for sieges. Doing this out of 40 people I had 12 died from hunger moving stone from -2 lvl to surface. I came online and see that it was patched to fix this and make them stop there task and sleep or eat.

Is there a mod for 0.60a that can do this or do I just need to suck it up and remake my town for the 4 time. I only ask because I have been doing everything natural no mods or design program. Just a butt load of time watching them slow suckers dig and build dig and build. :ugeek:
Ziel

Postby RomanLegacy » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:40 am

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I accidently downloaded 0.60a when I first got the game somehow, and the 7 released, so I thought I was on version 6 and would be save game compatiable. But nope, just a crash screen when I tried to load the 0.60a file. Sorry, I don't really think its anything mods can fix.
RomanLegacy

Postby Ziel » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:06 am

yea braking down I guess and giving up another town. I put alot of detail into them when I make then. Guess I may just start throwing things down and just making it work instead of look good with how fast patchs are coming along.
Ziel

Next

Return to General discussion