Buried Towns server?

General discussion about the game

Buried Towns server?

Postby frooned » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:40 pm

Hello. I can't seem to download buried towns anymore. Is the server/site that was hosting theses down? Not finding it via google :/. If it has been retired, does anyone have an archive of large buried towns they can share?
frooned

Re: Buried Towns server?

Postby YetiChow » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:15 pm

First off: the server should be "townsmods.net/api/bury". However, when I try to go to townsmods.net, the website appears to be down. It's not the first time Townsmods has gone down; since Tom has been busy with other projects he's not able to do as much maintenance work anymore... this problem has already been fixed once, but apparently it's snuck back in or the website has expired or something like that. I'll PM Tom about it, hopefully that will get his attention :)

Secondly: judging by ghylyli's other posts (which mostly look like copy/pastes of other people's posts), I'd say they're a spammer account trying to advertise fifa coins.

Thirdly, that international date line though... :lol:

But yeah, getting back on topic, I'll poke Tom about the Townsmods.net site... if that doesn't work, it might be time to start another "buried town save collection drive" - I'm sure people have new and more interesting buried towns anyway. And we still haven't seen any death-mazes like some people have been threatening to build...
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby frooned » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:19 pm

That would be rad. Cheers.
frooned

Postby Inquisitor80 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:37 pm

YetiChow wrote: I'm sure people have new and more interesting buried towns anyway. And we still haven't seen any death-mazes like some people have been threatening to build...

Please elaborate on this death maze you speak of? the idea intrigues me and i need a goal to get back into playing towns
Inquisitor80

Postby YetiChow » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:59 pm

Inquisitor80 wrote:
YetiChow wrote: I'm sure people have new and more interesting buried towns anyway. And we still haven't seen any death-mazes like some people have been threatening to build...

Please elaborate on this death maze you speak of? the idea intrigues me and i need a goal to get back into playing towns

That was a recurring joke made as soon as we found out that any traps or doors buried along with the town had a chance to become "hostile" traps targeting the town rather than the monsters (or maybe both). Some of us were joking about huge, trap-filled mazes full of items that were known to spawn monsters (e.g. graveyard items), to make a super-hard buried town. Another idea was to create mini "challenge rooms" - e.g. the Zombie Challenge, the Kitchen Challenge, the Armoury Challenge etc. where each room's theme reflected the kinds of monsters you'd find in it. For example the Kitchen Challenge would likely spawn a lot of fire heads (they can spawn from buried stoves), ogres and hobgoblins; all of which have a "burn" attack.

Building a death maze would be more of a grind than a construction challenge - the idea is just a long spiral filled with a mix of traps. However, if you wanted to theme one up more like a dungeon... hmm actually, that does sound like fun :twisted: Especially if you place a Nux Crown in the middle, with some armour barrels crates and rare weapons....
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Return to General discussion