Is towns back online?

General discussion about the game

Re: Is towns back online?

Postby Locklave » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:45 pm

Townie69 wrote:supermalparit: Last visited: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:49 pm

Here we go again... :roll:

:lol:

I'm not sure why I keep coming back to check. I build a bit of hope and the process repeats without fail.
Locklave

Postby muzzy » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:51 am

Locklave wrote:I'm not sure why I keep coming back to check. I build a bit of hope and the process repeats without fail.

I lost hope when he appointed bullies as moderators and left them to handle the community. In an unsurprising turn of events, the community is dead now.
muzzy

Postby Badger » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:23 am

I don't even know why I bother coming here anymore. Pretty lonely on these forums when there aren't even any bots to keep me company...
Badger

Postby Townie69 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:33 pm

Yup, Towns is dead. I wish the guy would just sell it.
Townie69

Postby Hyrus » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:39 pm

muzzy wrote:
Locklave wrote:I'm not sure why I keep coming back to check. I build a bit of hope and the process repeats without fail.

I lost hope when he appointed bullies as moderators and left them to handle the community. In an unsurprising turn of events, the community is dead now.

It truly is. I used to check this daily, now I do it monthly just to see that I was right...

Countdown for a huge Yeti wall of text saying it was "the trolls'" fault that Towns got to this point: 10... 9.... 8...
Hyrus

Postby Townie69 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:33 pm

Hyrus wrote:
muzzy wrote:

It truly is. I used to check this daily, now I do it monthly just to see that I was right...

Countdown for a huge Yeti wall of text saying it was "the trolls'" fault that Towns got to this point: 10... 9.... 8...

Yeti hasn't even been here since Nov 25. :lol:
Townie69

Postby YetiChow » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:49 pm

Townie69 wrote:

Been lurking ;) :lol: I'll gladly partake in productive discussion, but I'm not wasting anymore time going over old ground.
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby Rihi » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:26 pm

YetiChow wrote:
Townie69 wrote:

Been lurking ;) :lol: I'll gladly partake in productive discussion, but I'm not wasting anymore time going over old ground.

I for one always thought this game was good and spent a lot of time playing it. (Thanks to all the devs that ever worked on this game)

Recent patches were really great with the terraforming and barrel configuration. No longer have to keep starting a new map to get one I feel is favorable for what I plan on making since everything is customizable. (I like stacking wheat farms on multiple stories)

The copy barrel configuration is a small step in the right direction. Still have to go through every barrel and lock the configurations. Which if they make it so you don't have to open every barrel will be a huge time saver for me which I'd be ecstatic for but for the time being I can deal without it. Which I also understand be hard to change.
Could make it be similar to the 'animal buildings' and have all the barrels to be made simultaneously but grouped together. After they're placed though can't be moved or anything, simply destroy or change configurations.

I've read that there is an animal rework upcoming which I'm looking forward to. I've honestly disliked the 'feeding animals' change they did. My towns turned into a mass graveyard of animals as I didn't allow for townies to feed them and if I got around to butchering them for whatever purpose that was good. If they starved then I wouldn't have to butcher some for bones. So essentially in the long run the feeding animal change actually saved me time from butchering them for bones. Yay!! for animal neglect.

I also would like to be able to mod the 'magical' properties of items and chances of them occurring with townies making them. I have this habit of mass producing wooden armor and keeping it out of reach of heroes to eventually give heroes only magical items. Or simply add a level value to magical items I suppose. Hero equipping in general has been annoying after I think about it.

Not many options for armor (mainly cloth) as well but I suppose I could mod that in if I figured out how to insert in own images.
Rihi

Postby miljan02 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:44 pm

So, anyone of mods or other people that have skype of developers have any info? Are they alive? Is the game dead for good?
miljan02

Postby muzzy » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:58 pm

Maybe ask them after the holidays are over, I don't think you'll get any answers right now.
muzzy

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion