Super Happy! 1.0

Post here your released mods

Super Happy! 1.0

Postby JackPS9 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:05 pm

Made this, to remove the need of happiness from the game basicly. (Also because someone asked me to update the creative mod)
Download & Changelog

Well I hope a few people enjoy this.
Way of thinking of this mod creative but you still need to eat, and gather the stuff yourself.
JackPS9

Re: Super Happy! 1.0

Postby Lemlin » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:38 am

I have strange problem with this mod.

When I starting a game it works perfectly, everyone is having 100 happiness, but then it drops or something like that. After a while when people dies, new immigrants arrives etc the happiness is now down to 0-5 happiness instead of staying on max (or almost max) as it was in the beginning.
(And yes, I´m not good at keeping my townsies happy the usual way...)
Lemlin

Postby Niranufoti » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:47 pm

Well, whenever someone dies, happiness drops.
And whenever immigrants arrives, happiness is reduced so that you don't get millions of immigrants that easily.
That's why the happiness drops. It should rise again by itself.
Niranufoti

Postby Lemlin » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:16 pm

I know that deaths and immigrants (temporary) lower the happiness, but the problem is that it never goes back to "normal" again (at least 50+ happiness). I have waited several ingame days (probably even a month) but looks like this mod doesn´t affect them anymore and boost their happiness as it supposed to do. Nothing happens.

I tested to kill some of them on purpose in a new game (same mods) without any building etc, and it drops and shortly goes back to 100 again after max 2-3 days. Could it be some kind of bug which causes this mod to stop working properly when all of the "starting ppl" have died and only ppl which immigrated lives?

Anyway, I solved this by modifing the happiness gained by eating certain food mixes so I get the same effect that way.
Lemlin

Postby Niranufoti » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:29 pm

Wait. Did you start the first game(where the bug occurs) with the mod enabled? Because I think the Idle and Work timer max values are also saved, so if the townies were generated without the mod, they aren't affected by it.
Niranufoti

Postby Lemlin » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:24 am

Yes, the mod were enabled from the start in both saves. I had another save before that and as you said the mod didn´t worked there.

As I mentioned in my previous post I connected this happiness boost to eating certain food mixes (100 happiness from them) instead, which worked perfectly/better. I think this change gives the boost a chance to reload instead of alway being active as it is in this mod. As long as they eat they now have an avg happiness over 80 which is slighty less then the original mod gives but enough to enable immigrants.
This improvement should probably also make it savegame compatible, but I haven´t tested that yet.
Lemlin

Postby YetiChow » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:58 am

Having seen the code for this mod, I don't see anything that would cause a bug from "inside" the mod - all it really does is increase the numbers from "1" to "10" or whatever the amounts are.

That doesn't rule out of course some wierd interactions with the happiness system itself - the system is hardcoded so we really don't know much about how it works, perhaps it can't handle numbers bigger than a certain point? Who knows... well, the Devs do but they haven't said anything :lol:

Townie deaths usually have a lot of knock-on negative effects, for example the stink clouds and corpses also lower happiness as well as the "death scream" itself. It can be hard to tell what's causing a happiness drop, since it could be as simple as one townie is constantly working because they randomly get assinged all the work. That would have a significant impact on the average happiness - if they have 0 and everyone else has heaps, then the average still takes a massive hit.

Even with the original mod installed, the food boosts won't overcome any serious negative influences like overworking, lack of food, "negative decorations" etc. Unfortunately we can't just let the townies idle to fill up their happiness anymore, and it's almost impossible to check that every townies has their work:idle balance right... you could put them al into food production and make it so they have enough jobs to keep exactly half of them busy at once, which is about the only way to make sure you have no negative modifiers active from working/resting too long, and then see if they're still not regenerating happines like they should.
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby Lemlin » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:31 pm

Yes, it will always be something affecting the happiness negative, but this mod (when it works) somehow counter it since everyone either work or idle (and by that gets a happiness boost). Happiness in almost always on 100.
In those cases when the original mod doesn´t work my addition boost them instead. They still get the negative effects (from deaths, starving etc) but recover faster from it then they do in a normal game. Happiness increases to 100, and slowly decrease until they eat a food mix which affect them and increase happiness back to 100 again.

I just got a bunch of townies with the original boost working as it supposed to do, so it still works, but apparently sometimes something is breaking the effect from it.
Lemlin

Return to Released mods