Towns Overhauled (2.2.4) (Updated 10/11/2013)

Post here your released mods

Towns Overhauled (2.2.4) (Updated 10/11/2013)

Postby JackPS9 » Tue May 14, 2013 7:09 pm

Gonna try this again, but gonna take a while seeing how I have other things that are more improtant to do ahead of modding.
Though due to the fact of how much I'm wanting to change in this mod, I may not be able to make it into a modloader mod.
(Currently Integrated modloader)

Download & Changelog
Wiki (Seeing how I'm sure some people will need it)
Mod Splotlight version 1.2.5 (WIP)

NOTE!: Thinking of splitting Towns Overhauled into modulars to clean the mod up further.

Versions:......
Version 0.1.0 Food Update
Version 1.0.0 Gold Rush
Version 1.2.0 Hero's Knowledge
Version 2.0.0 Tools Remastered
Version 2.1.0 Heroes Strength
Version 2.2.0 Seasons of Change

Videos:
http://youtu.be/_O1gSan7CBo - How to new chop system works! (2.5+)

Donate
Last edited by JackPS9 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:01 pm, edited 24 times in total.
JackPS9

Re: Towns Overhauled (0.0.2) (WIP)

Postby JackPS9 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:09 pm

sorry about the necro posting this guys, but with me coming back, and hearing about the fact the game is back on track for them working on v14 I thought I would come here and ask about this.

Do people want me to update this?
All it currently adds is.....
  • 2 Prefixs
  • 2 Suffixs

Anything that is pretty simple to setup within the first 10 days would be getting nerfed
Stuff like that take longer I would try to balance them out.
The two different ways to cook, Cooking Fire and Stove would have different cooking times. To allow your townies to relax more once you get Stoves going.

Food balancing would be the main thing before all others.
JackPS9

Re: Towns Overhauled (0.1.5) (WIP)(Updated 8/3/2013)

Postby YetiChow » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:55 am

Well, personally I'm all for any "proof of concept" mods like this one - if it shows a different idea on how to play (in this case "hey, what if food got easier and easier to make as you expand your town" or whatever), then it might lead to something the Devs can add to vanilla or it may jsut make life easier for some players :)

One thing I would suggest though: if you're looking at adding new content, it might be worth looking at things deisigned to work in "symbiosis" - for example, a weapon/prefix/hero with an effect which isn't great on its own, but which becomes really powerful when combined with another item/effect/whatever wielded by another townie/hero. For example, 2 weapons named "Essence of Yin" and "Shard of Yang", which are ok on thier own (iron shortsword level perhaps), but can be crafted together into a single item which becomes VERY powerful. Or, perhaps a 'cleric' hero who has healing and buff skills but no real damage (maybe an effect to insta-kill undead...), and though this hero isn't much good on their own they could have a very wide moral range so they can party up and help other heroes significantly.

I just think that if you're going for unique content to balance the game, and you want to avoid the path like golden armour (that "grind until you get the OP material then you insta-win" feeling) then this would give players an incentive to look for the rest of the set, collect the right heroes etc. You could e.g. put one part of the "Yin Yang Weapon o' doom" (WIP name :lol:) in each of two 'shrines', and have them generate in the dungeons so the player has to go looking for them...

Also, in terms of food changes, I'd personally separate cooking fires from ovens all together and have a menu for "camp food" and one for "town food". The camp food would be simple, hearty and quick to make, but not offer any bonuses to happiness, while the "town food" would ahve the various fulfilled effects. That way the campfire can still be kept as a decoration, and it becomes an 'emergency' food source - if you're running out of posh food, chuck some raw ingredients over the campfire instead of having to spend so long peeling, preparing etc. the town food.
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby JackPS9 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:39 pm

Well for a special armor, I'm going to be adding in is gonna have a very high cost. But not putting a way to make it yet till I get the new smelting setup in the mod :P
and no worries on the food section Yeti, just taking a break from the food part of this mod so I can get started on what the mod was meant to be from the start.
JackPS9

Postby ericb1800 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:46 pm

YetiChow wrote:Well, personally I'm all for any "proof of concept" mods like this one - if it shows a different idea on how to play (in this case "hey, what if food got easier and easier to make as you expand your town" or whatever), then it might lead to something the Devs can add to vanilla or it may jsut make life easier for some players :)

One thing I would suggest though: if you're looking at adding new content, it might be worth looking at things deisigned to work in "symbiosis" - for example, a weapon/prefix/hero with an effect which isn't great on its own, but which becomes really powerful when combined with another item/effect/whatever wielded by another townie/hero. For example, 2 weapons named "Essence of Yin" and "Shard of Yang", which are ok on thier own (iron shortsword level perhaps), but can be crafted together into a single item which becomes VERY powerful. Or, perhaps a 'cleric' hero who has healing and buff skills but no real damage (maybe an effect to insta-kill undead...), and though this hero isn't much good on their own they could have a very wide moral range so they can party up and help other heroes significantly.

I just think that if you're going for unique content to balance the game, and you want to avoid the path like golden armour (that "grind until you get the OP material then you insta-win" feeling) then this would give players an incentive to look for the rest of the set, collect the right heroes etc. You could e.g. put one part of the "Yin Yang Weapon o' doom" (WIP name :lol:) in each of two 'shrines', and have them generate in the dungeons so the player has to go looking for them...

Also, in terms of food changes, I'd personally separate cooking fires from ovens all together and have a menu for "camp food" and one for "town food". The camp food would be simple, hearty and quick to make, but not offer any bonuses to happiness, while the "town food" would ahve the various fulfilled effects. That way the campfire can still be kept as a decoration, and it becomes an 'emergency' food source - if you're running out of posh food, chuck some raw ingredients over the campfire instead of having to spend so long peeling, preparing etc. the town food.

Haha... You just explained the changes I have made to Food Ext without me actually saying anything... When I get it done, you will have different levels of food... Simple food that can be combined or made into a better food and so on and so forth.. I got away from multiple items in butchering, and it is now done by taking the generic vanilla pieces and making them into something else of the same meat variety (Raw Steak can be taken to the Meat Grinder and made into Hamburger)... You will be able to make a basic Yogurt(lvl 1) that can have fruit added to it to make different kinds of yogurt (strawberry yogurt - lvl 2 for instance)... The more steps to create the food the better it will be...

Another change I am thinking of making to further balance it out and create variety is making "Blueprints" for the new utilities that can be bought from caravans... Making it necessary in the action to build the new utility... Still testing this however... This leads towards different levels of cooking utilities...
ericb1800

Re: Towns Overhauled (0.1.7) (WIP)(Updated 8/4/2013)

Postby JackPS9 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:52 pm

Updated to 0.1.7
Code: Select all
Utilities
* Kiln
** How you smelt ore/dust into bars
** Made with 4 mud and a cooking fire
Items
* Copper, Iron, Silver, Gold ores (Dropped from mining)
** Images for ores are from runescape (Hoping to get a custom image for it)
* Yin (No Image Yet)
** Defense: 3-90, Line of Sight: +2
* Yang (No Image Yet)
** Defense: 2-60, Line of Sight: +2
* Peace (No Image Yet)
** Defense: 160-650, Walk Speed: +10, Line of Sight: +6, Effect: Armor Heal 2
*** Armor Heal 2: 2 Health/turn, +25% Health

Planned
1-3 more heroes :P
(Hoping for images for images the ores and the Healer)
More changes to food
Update for the mineshaft
JackPS9

Re: Towns Overhauled (1.0.0) (Updated 8/5/2013)

Postby JackPS9 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:46 am

MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
The release of version 1.0.0 has finally come to happen!
The base of the mod which is to help gather ore is now part of the mod.
Will be adding more later to speed parts of the game up as you advance through the game.
JackPS9

Re: Towns Overhauled (1.2.5) (Updated 8/10/2013)

Postby JackPS9 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:12 pm

Sorry about posting again but have to say this.
Newest hero name is........
Xavi, Master Monk
He uses Fire Aura, Water Aura, Wind Aura, and Earth Aura to give him boosts in combats to help your town get rid of the evil that lays beneath your town!

Fight on Xavi!

Other people that I would love to add as Heroes that are part of the community are.....
LittleMikey
EricB1800
BlueSteelAUS
Caprontos

Have to talk to them though about skills and that first (Also need images for them too so.....)
JackPS9

Re: Towns Overhauled (1.2.7) (Updated 8/17/2013)

Postby JackPS9 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:29 pm

God do I hate posting like this but whatever.............
Anyways TO is now version 2.0.4 (Sorry haven't had time to come and update this thread guys)

Hoping to get more people to try this mod out and toss their own suggestions at me and we'll all see this wonderful mod keep growing. :D

Alot has been changed since 1.2.7 and I hope everyone likes how the mod is setup now.
JackPS9

Re: Towns Overhauled (1.2.7) (Updated 8/17/2013)

Postby LittleMikey » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:45 pm

JackPS9 wrote:God do I hate posting like this but whatever.............
Anyways TO is now version 2.0.4 (Sorry haven't had time to come and update this thread guys)

Hoping to get more people to try this mod out and toss their own suggestions at me and we'll all see this wonderful mod keep growing. :D

Alot has been changed since 1.2.7 and I hope everyone likes how the mod is setup now.

Great to see an update! I'll check it out tomorrow.
LittleMikey

Next

Return to Released mods