[v13a] Basic Terraforming

Post here your released mods

[v13a] Basic Terraforming

Postby caprontos » Thu May 02, 2013 6:30 pm

Clearly this type of mod is done by others (Several really...) like BlueSteelAUS and PuLP and some people before them that I am to lazy to go find... but they do not have uptodate or standalone version or compatiable with the v12+ built in modloader..(BlueSteelAUS' pack may have it I didn't check).... and this is an expanded version of the one I use.

Basically all it does is add the option to change one terrain to either.. grass - sand - jungle - snow - or stone. Most terrains can be changed to the other.. but it costs 1 material to change so it isn't completely free..

To change a terrain to grass it uses 1 mud.
To change a terrain to jungle it uses 1 jungle mushroom.
To change a terrain to snow it uses 1 snowpile.
To change a terrain to sand it uses 1 sand.
To change a terrain to stone it uses 1 stone.

Other wise the untill/tills for normal terrains as they are in the default game are unchanged.. (ie If you want to turn a stone to grass so you can plant a wheat there you need to turn the stone to grass.. then till the grass).

You can turn this mod on/off so your right click menu isn't so long when you don't really need it on.

Picture:

Download:
http://townsmods.net/projects/view/41

Or

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?m51pq2cak3xupv6

To install:
Just extract the folder in the mod folder in your .towns folder... Then when you turn on the game enable the mod for it to work.

If you want a "Free" version it is simple to edit this mod.. by just going in the actions.xml and deleting the bits that make them use items.. but I think having to pay something is better...

This does not let you rebuild terrain.. or fill holes - that is currently not possible due to how terrain works.. it only lets you change 1 terrain in to some other terrain.

Any issues (maybe some since I expanded it a bit to include most useful stuff.. and didn't fully check it..) let me know... As far as I know it should be fine.... haha.

Otherwise... If possible.. Enjoy..

---

also if any want to translate these to Spanish .. I can edit them in:

Use mud to change to grass from
Use jungle mushroom to change to jungle from
Use snowpile to change to snow from
Use sand to change to sand from
Use stone to change to stone from

Remember they say in game (like the picture)

Use stone to change to stone from - terrain your right click-

So whatever sounds most right in that situation..
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Re: [v13a] Basic Terraforming

Postby Camble_soup » Thu May 02, 2013 10:56 pm

very nice
Untill next time, Camble.
"Does thou's mother knowth you wearth her drapes?" - Iron man talking to Thor in The Avengers.
Camble_soup

Postby YetiChow » Tue May 07, 2013 10:12 am

Do like. In fact, I like it so much I'm downloading it - the first time I've ever downloaded a mod for personal use (mostly because I'm too lazy to update them, and now it's a breeze with the mod loader...)

Out of curiousity, how did you get around the bug where the game wouldn't use <changeTerrain> after a <pick> action, without using a util? Or was that fixed recently?
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby caprontos » Tue May 07, 2013 12:31 pm

YetiChow wrote:Do like. In fact, I like it so much I'm downloading it - the first time I've ever downloaded a mod for personal use (mostly because I'm too lazy to update them, and now it's a breeze with the mod loader...)

Out of curiousity, how did you get around the bug where the game wouldn't use <changeTerrain> after a <pick> action, without using a util? Or was that fixed recently?

I just had them delete the item first... then do the till command normally - seems to work.. they do not bring the item to the block. I didn't try it really so they carried the item to the tile.. so idk if it is still bugged or not..

Code: Select all
   <action>
      <id>qchangegrass</id>
      <priorityID>terrainchange</priorityID>
      <name esES="Des-arar">Use mud to change to grass from</name>

<queue>
         <pick>rmmud</pick>
         <wait>20</wait>
         <destroyItem />
         <moveTerrain />
         <wait>54</wait>
         <moveTerrain />
         <changeTerrain>grass</changeTerrain>
      </queue>
   </action>
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Postby AnddyiRaynor » Fri May 10, 2013 5:21 am

YetiChow wrote:Do like. In fact, I like it so much I'm downloading it - the first time I've ever downloaded a mod for personal use (mostly because I'm too lazy to update them, and now it's a breeze with the mod loader...)

I posted in towns++ 11a# how to get it to work with consuming a resource, it wasn't really "bugged", they (the worker) just needed to do something else before changing stone to grass and the way I did it was by making them go to a bench and then they terraform. Bluesteel didn't add it to his version yet because he wants to make his own bench for it.
AnddyiRaynor

Postby YetiChow » Fri May 10, 2013 7:16 am

AnddyiRaynor wrote:

I posted in towns++ 11a# how to get it to work with consuming a resource, it wasn't really "bugged", they (the worker) just needed to do something else before changing stone to grass and the way I did it was by making them go to a bench and then they terraform. Bluesteel didn't add it to his version yet because he wants to make his own bench for it.

yeah, there was a rather old version where teh citizens had a special bench to go to in a 'greenhouse' zone. At the time you could only put <changeTerrain> into an action with <pick> if there was some kind of other move action, since the <pick> action didn't play nice with the <changeTerrain> action. Obviously that's been fixed from a back-end perspective now, so it won't be a problem anymore either way :)
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby wizardjian » Sat May 25, 2013 1:06 pm

cant seem to install it since I cant find the Mod folder in my Towns 13a folder >.< I really want to fill that giant holl in my town...

Also how to do dig down to the dungeon? I cant seem to dig downwards >.<
Emotions are a hiderance...
Life is just a illusion...
Toughts are usless...
Sanity is a lie...

Froggie's Diary-http://townsgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3544
Moving Forwards Into The Future-http://tinyurl.com/c9gulrk
wizardjian

Postby Tono4ham » Sat May 25, 2013 1:10 pm

wizardjian wrote:cant seem to install it since I cant find the Mod folder in my Towns 13a folder >.< I really want to fill that giant holl in my town...

Also how to do dig down to the dungeon? I cant seem to dig downwards >.<

The mod folder is in the same place as your saved games folder. Usually in C:\Users\Name\.towns

Look for it there.
Tono's recreations and Various Awesomositys - viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3598
Just a heads up. My name is pronounced Toe-no..... Stop messing it up, makes me feel sad :(
Tono4ham

Postby agitate » Sun May 26, 2013 3:00 pm

Hi,

This is a great mod, however i extract and put the data folder in my C:\Users\username\.towns\mods folder and turned data on in the game, but I still don't get the options for changing the terrain when I right click. Am I doing something wrong? I have version 13a and use steam.

thanks!
agitate

Postby caprontos » Sun May 26, 2013 3:42 pm

Don't take the data folder out of the Terraform folder, just put it all in the mod folder. (Ie extract the zip in the mod folder and don't change anything)..

Since it says "Data" in your mod menu in game I assume you took the data folder out and put it in the mod folder.. which is why it doesn't work.
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Next

Return to Released mods