Memory leak?

Get general Towns support here

Memory leak?

Postby MacBraun » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:17 pm

I know this has been addressed before as I have read several threads here about it. I just got the game and I love it when I can play it. The problem is very similar to this post. I have tried both the 12b and 13a version and it's happened in both. I will start the game and the memory usage will skyrocket until the game freezes for a few seconds while the memory clears out. Running the game with task manager open and a brand new map I get these memory usages:
Main menu - 480MB
map open, game paused - 680 MB
game paused for 20 seconds - 1,600 MB
game paused for 60 seconds - 2,600 MB
game paused for 10 minutes 55 seconds - 8,200 MB
game paused for 11 minutes 20 seconds - 2,700 MB

At this point it starts the climb again. It also climbs much faster after playing the map for any amount of time. It does this whether I have any other programs running or not. I ran this test with several other programs idling and watching them in the task manager as well.

My computer specs are:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700, no overclock
GPU: NVidia Quadro FX580 with 512MB GDDR3
RAM: 12GB
Running Win7 64-bit with Java 7 64-bit

I have tried this fix and it didn't help. The common thread I seem to notice with the posts regarding this type of problem is a quadro fx video card. I'm not sure if this is a cause or not but I would love to see this problem fixed. I really enjoy the game but it makes it very hard to play when it will start fine, get really laggy in a couple of minutes, then freeze completely before restoring. It has never crashed on me, just seems to have a memory leak. If I can provide any additional information I will be glad to.

Thank you
David
MacBraun

Re: Memory leak?

Postby caprontos » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:53 pm

I'll link it to supermalparit if he didn't see it and can check.
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Return to Support