Towns not Launching - No Error Files, Java & Drivers Updated

Get general Towns support here

Towns not Launching - No Error Files, Java & Drivers Updated

Postby BananaLee » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:54 am

Hi guys,

Basically what the subject says. I've bought Towns on the Steam sale and tried launching it. It crashes straight to desktop without launching and it hasn't left an error message in the relevant folders. I've updated my AMD drivers (Radeon HD 4800) and have gone to the latest version of Java (7 v 25). Running Win 7 32-bit.

I've tried searching the forum and this person seems to have the same problem as me (viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10457). However, I'm not too clear on what the rest of the instructions are and I was hoping someone could help with regards to that.

Cheers
BananaLee

Re: Towns not Launching - No Error Files, Java & Drivers Upd

Postby BananaLee » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:05 pm

Looks like Steam actually came to the rescue...

http://steamcommunity.com/app/221020/di ... 3133591475
BananaLee

Postby BananaLee » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:12 pm

Now this is annoying, I updated the lwjgl files and the game ran fine (but there was no sound at all). Tried updating the OpenAL dll and the whole thing is broken and won't start again.

Hopefully, Steam is good with refunds...
BananaLee

Postby caprontos » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:46 pm

Hello... usually theirs quicker responses but peoples in breaking I guess.

Can you check your error log and see if it says why it crashed? (should be in the towns folder if you have an error log). (should be something like " C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\towns " to find it)

Another person said they had no sound also so maybe some issue came up with recent changes in is causing that for some people.. (still works for me though). V14 might fix these issues if it is because stuff updated between v13a and v14.. but v14 taking a bit longer then they expected..

I don't know much about this kinda stuff so I can't really be all that useful.

From what I gather steam will give a refund one time easily but they will be very difficult to get another refund from... so you might want to save it for an expensive thing.. since towns is only what.. 5-15$ (atm depending when and if you bought through steam).
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Return to Support