Can't mine past level 0

Get general Towns support here

Can't mine past level 0

Postby Questionfrog » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:58 pm

So I played this game when it was still really early on and they had a different system for mining, none of this level 0 nonsense. So I make a ladder on level 1, dig a bit of a pit in level 0, then what? How do I get to level -1? I try to make another ladder but there isn't the option, I try scrolling down to level -1 and mining an area but the box just disappears after I click it. I try digging instead but the same thing happens.
I'm pretty frustrated since I was excited to play this again. Could I get some help? I already looked at http://www.desura.com/games/towns/image ... mini-guide this image but it doesn't help with my problem.
Questionfrog

Re: Can't mine past level 0

Postby caprontos » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:07 pm

Are you playing in the tutorial? they have a different gen map that doesn't let you dig really.. The spider one and normal game though you should be able to.

If you are playing a normal map (ie not tutorial) using the dig command and just digging a step shape should work (you don't need steps to go up and down underground anymore).
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Postby Questionfrog » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:10 pm

caprontos wrote:Are you playing in the tutorial? they have a different gen map that doesn't let you dig really.. The spider one and normal game though you should be able to.

If you are playing a normal map (ie not tutorial) using the dig command and just digging a step shape should work (you don't need steps to go up and down underground anymore).

Thank you, I am playing in the tutorial. They really need to fix that because a game like this needs a proper tutorial.
Questionfrog

Postby caprontos » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:23 pm

Questionfrog wrote:
caprontos wrote:Are you playing in the tutorial? they have a different gen map that doesn't let you dig really.. The spider one and normal game though you should be able to.

Thank you, I am playing in the tutorial. They really need to fix that because a game like this needs a proper tutorial.

Yes I suggested they make that map deeper because this like the 10th or so time someone had the same issue.. because there's no indication why it isn't working..

And yes they need a better system for the tutorial..
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Return to Support