do traps hurt your people?

Get general Towns support here

do traps hurt your people?

Postby thorz44 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:59 am

well ass the title says do traps hurt towns folk i wanna set up like a small trap at the stairs going down into my mine so what traps would be good to put infront of the door im thinking bear traps -thank you-
:D
thorz44

Re: do traps hurt your people?

Postby tom k. » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:52 am

No, they can walk right through them :)
Tom K.
Former Community Moderator

Please read the FAQs before posting.
Towns' Official Modding Partner Site - Townsmods.net
tom k.

Postby thorz44 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:24 am

thank you oh and btw my ppl wont stop making bread so to get anything done i have to ban some of them from baking bread any ideas how to stop this?i have a high order for wheat flower and bread in the menu (its like 20 for each)
thorz44

Postby johanwanderer » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:29 pm

If people can't stop making bread, that means your townies are eating them faster than they can make them.

I would suggest you look at how *your* bread is being made, from beginning to end:
  1. Where the wheat field(s) are. Thus how long it takes for a townie to harvest a bushel of wheat.
  2. How far are your mills from the wheat fields. Remembers, it takes two bushels of wheat to make one sack of flour.
  3. How far are your bakeries from your mills.
Basically it works like this:
  1. A townie runs from where ever s/he is to the field and harvests a bushel of wheat.
  2. Same townie goes to the closest empty space on the map to drop said bushel.
  3. A (same or different) townie runs from where ever s/he is to the field and harvests a bushel of wheat.
  4. Same townie goes to the closest empty space on the map to drop said bushel.
  5. A (same or different) townie takes the first bushel to the mill and waits.
  6. Same townie takes the second bushel to the mill and waits. Then produces a sack of flour.
  7. Same townie goes to the closest empty space on the map to drop said sack of flour.
  8. A (same or different) townie takes the sack of flour to the baker table and waits.
  9. Same townie goers to the baker oven and waits.
  10. Bread is produced.
As you can see, that's a lot of steps. Ideally, the travel time between any of those steps are small. Otherwise, your townies will run themselves to death making breads.

EDIT: In optimal cases, steps 1,2,5 may be combined. So do 3,4,6.
  1. A townie runs from where ever s/he is to the field and harvests a bushel of wheat and take it to the mill.
  2. Same townie goes to the field and harvests a second bushel of wheat and take it to the mill. Then produces a sack of flour.
  3. Same townie takes the sack of flour to the baker table and waits.
  4. Same townie goers to the baker oven and waits.
  5. Bread is produced.
johanwanderer

Postby thorz44 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:31 am

pok thanks btw bread dosnt seem to be keeping them fed well coz when they go down deep in the mines when they hit about floor -8 they are sleepy and hungry any tips for that? should i make a new way to the bottem? or try to make like a half way point? with beds and a bakerysome how? or is there like a mod to make them work longer and harder oh and they are droping like flys when they go down into the mines :( all de monsters own em so if the mod makes em stronger i wont mind
thorz44

Postby johanwanderer » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:16 am

Bread doesn't have a good "fill value", so they won't keep your townies full all day. You need cooked meat products for that.

Also, look at how your townies travel to -8. Do they have to zigzag from one corner of the map to another? Or do they have a straight route?

For me, I like my towns to be efficient, so I usually have just one (or a couple) vertical shafts in the middle of the map. That way, my townies can get to any corner of any level with as little traveling as possible. I also keep a stocked dining room at every level, just in case.
johanwanderer

Postby thorz44 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:17 am

awsome thx
thorz44

Return to Support