Trap combos?

Get general Towns support here

Trap combos?

Postby Oleker » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:50 pm

So... i'm planning to put some traps on a path in front of my dungeon entrance. How is a good trap combo to keep monsters from following heroes and getting into the town?
Oleker

Re: Trap combos?

Postby caprontos » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:02 pm

You can't STOP them but you can slow them down (or kill them) long enough that is likely another hero will pass by and kill them..

The best trap combination think is... Poison - Spike - Bear-space - Poison - spike- bear - space... over and over..

What it does is dmg - slow - dmg+ stun over and over... so if its only 2-3 ish mobs (often not a lot from dungeons).. if you have several they will take awhile to catch up to the hero... + be hurt a bit if they do..

The space just gives you some chance to get the loot drop.. you do not need any spaces if you do not care...

What I tend to do.. is build 3 or so sets per floor down... and have the steps down alternating so you have to run over them...

So progressively harder monsters will take more time to get to town (And take more damage in the process).... It is also a good idea to have a second straight up and down entrance that can be locked.. to open when you want to clear floors (so lock trap path - open easy access path when cleaning.. then switch it when ready to go deeper).

If dealing with sieges apparently best is still just lots of bamboo traps.. but.. I sorta like the combination lines better..
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Return to Support