Can you move items?

Get general Towns support here

Can you move items?

Postby crazyman6699 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:17 pm

I want to move my bakery more towards the center of my town but I already have a bunch of stuff in it (mills, tables, etc.) Is there a way to move stuff, if so, how?
crazyman6699

Re: Can you move items?

Postby sirguylittle » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:48 pm

If you just delete the bakery designation, then ovens and tables will become unplaced (you will see a red x on them) and will then be moved to the new bakery once you designate it and set for those items to be built there. Mills unfortunately will have to be destroyed and rebuilt from scratch as they can be built anywhere, not just in a bakery.

This applies to all zones, eg carpenters benches and wood detailers will behave the same way in a carpentry zone.
sirguylittle

Re: Can you move items?

Postby caprontos » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:51 pm

if you delete the zone utilities that need that zone will be moveable..

To move loose items (they will have a red x on them) just place a new build order where you want it to go.. and they will use loose ones before building new ones... but be sure to click once per spot - as double clicking will make them move one and build a new one.. or try to move two loose ones..

For the mill there isn't an easy way to move it though.. you can dig under it but then you will have a hole... so unless you plan to build something over better to just build new ones..
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Return to Support