Townies won't plant

Get general Towns support here

Townies won't plant

Postby Dreizehn » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:38 pm

I choose a suitable place and tell my townies to till it. No problems as expected.

But when I tell them to plant something they don't do it everytime.
Today I wanted to plant apple trees. There were wild apple trees just next to my tilled field but they didn't use it.
On another map whenever I tried to enlarge my wheat field they run across the whole map to collect seeds instead of using the plants from the field
Do I miss something and there are more dependencies?
Dreizehn

Re: Townies won't plant

Postby johanwanderer » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:38 pm

• To plant trees, you need shrubs.
  • To plant fruit trees, you need fruit.
  • To plant wheat, you need harvested wheat.
So
  • To plant apples, you need to harvest some apples from the apple trees first.
  • To plant more wheat, you should have automatic production that harvest wheat for you, then the townies will use the harvested wheat to plant more.
johanwanderer

Postby Dreizehn » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:46 pm

I see, thank you. I thought the townies would pick what they need by themselves.

What do I have to do to get shrubs?
Dreizehn

Postby johanwanderer » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:58 pm

Dreizehn wrote:I see, thank you. I thought the townies would pick what they need by themselves.

What do I have to do to get shrubs?

The shrubs are spawned automatically by the natural trees. So if you chopped down all your tress, you're out of luck (hence my mod -- it allows you to plant new shrubs).
johanwanderer

Postby Dreizehn » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:08 pm

Ok, so my 'tree farm' will take care of itself. :)
Dreizehn

Postby johanwanderer » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:10 pm

Dreizehn wrote:Ok, so my 'tree farm' will take care of itself. :)

A tree farm is a must in the game. Without it, you're screwed. Just take your time building up the farm, as you don't want your guys running all over the map collecting shrubs early, and get killed by the baddies.
johanwanderer

Postby Dreizehn » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:47 pm

I tried to plant sugarcane and bamboo for quite a long time but I never had success.

I let them till the grass next to water (not more than 2 squares away) and marked it with either sugarcane or bamboo.
By now 1 bamboo has been planted but the rest is still missing. That's for quite a long time now.
There are also wild sugarcane and bamboo plants and I have no idea what I am doing wrong.
Dreizehn

Postby caprontos » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:32 pm

Dreizehn wrote:I tried to plant sugarcane and bamboo for quite a long time but I never had success.

I let them till the grass next to water (not more than 2 squares away) and marked it with either sugarcane or bamboo.
By now 1 bamboo has been planted but the rest is still missing. That's for quite a long time now.
There are also wild sugarcane and bamboo plants and I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

Do you have bamboo and sugar cane plants around for the townies to use to plant them? (IE the harvested item).. Also set the aps to harvest 1 of each (only works with the ones you plant) .. once you have 1 of each buried they will slowly plant it all for you..
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Postby Dreizehn » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:56 am

Yes, there are wild sugarcane and wild bamboo around. I did tell my townies to harvest a few of both in case they would need this to plant. After the wild bambaoo & sugarcane has grown again they still didn't plant it.

...so do I need wild plants or harvested plants to plant more of them?
Dreizehn

Postby Niranufoti » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:49 am

When you harvest the plants, you get an item. This item is required to plant new plants.
Niranufoti

Next

Return to Support