different unit stats

Get general Towns support here

different unit stats

Postby Yurii_asdfg » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:14 pm

what makes weapon to have different stats like attack defense?

i would like to get top weapon for its class

regards
Yurii_asdfg
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:21 am

Re: different unit stats

Postby Dremire » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:53 pm

Go to data folder, open file items.xml with notepad, look for weapon, you want to modify, let's say stone spear.

Code: Select all
   <stonespear>
      <level>7</level>
      <name esES="Lanza de piedra">Stone spear</name>
      <description esES="Echamos un pinchito?">It's the goblin skewer 2000!</description>
      <type>weapon.stone</type>

      <location>WEAPON</location>
      <attack>1d179+510</attack>
      <defense>1d88+289</defense>
      <damage>1d104+298</damage>
      <verb esES="perfora">pierces</verb>
      <verbInfinitive esES="perforar">pierce</verbInfinitive>

      <bury>true</bury>

      <wearEffects>pierce5</wearEffects>

      <stackable>true</stackable>
      <stackableSize>1</stackableSize>
      <tags>spear</tags>
      <value>100</value>
   </stonespear>


there are strings
<attack>1d179+510</attack>
<defense>1d88+289</defense>
<damage>1d104+298</damage>
1d179 means random 1-179, so replace them with:
<attack>689</attack>
<defense>377</defense>
<damage>302</damage>

This will not change already existing weapons but will affect new crafted ones.
User avatar
Dremire
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:14 am
Location: Moscow

Re: different unit stats

Postby Yurii_asdfg » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:06 pm

thanks. that's nice to know, but how to get better weapons in game (without cheating)? or it is just random? as d = dice, right?
Yurii_asdfg
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:21 am

Re: different unit stats

Postby Dremire » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:20 pm

Just random.
So it'll require a lot of rerolling and micromanaging to get and sort out near ideal weapons without modding.
User avatar
Dremire
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:14 am
Location: Moscow

Re: different unit stats

Postby johanwanderer » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:22 pm

Yurii_asdfg wrote:thanks. that's nice to know, but how to get better weapons in game (without cheating)? or it is just random? as d = dice, right?


As you make lots and lots of stuff, just sell the inferior ones :) When you tell townies to autoequip, they usually choose the best possible. So do the heroes.

And yes, d = dice. So 1d100 = rolling one 100-sized dice, and 4d25 = rolling 4 25-sized dice and adding the results together. At least that's how I read it.
johanwanderer
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:40 am

Re: different unit stats

Postby Dremire » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:31 pm

Best by weapon level. Do they, really, check stats on similar items?

update
I reloaded same game several times, and townies with autoequip grabbed different stone maces each time, seems completely random.
Last edited by Dremire on Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Dremire
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:14 am
Location: Moscow

Re: different unit stats

Postby Niranufoti » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:42 pm

I don't think so, they don't even care about prefixes/suffixes.
Niranufoti
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:20 pm

Re: different unit stats

Postby caprontos » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:58 pm

Dremire wrote:Best by weapon level. Do they, really, check stats on similar items?

update
I reloaded same game several times, and townies with autoequip grabbed different stone maces each time, seems completely random.


aye its 100% by weapon level...

Also townies are now coded (because they didn't do it at first for a long time) to randomly select equipment that is same level as the best.. to avoid them all going for the same exact item.. and having a long train of townies all moving from item to item and starving themselves to death (which also shouldn't happen anymore) in the process..

Is why I suggested + and - level for prefix/suffix.. so you could make them want to take better enchanted items over normal items..
Image
Cha Cha Cha!
User avatar
caprontos
 
Posts: 3930
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:18 am

Re: different unit stats

Postby Yurii_asdfg » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:40 pm

caprontos wrote:
Dremire wrote:Best by weapon level. Do they, really, check stats on similar items?

update
I reloaded same game several times, and townies with autoequip grabbed different stone maces each time, seems completely random.


aye its 100% by weapon level...

Also townies are now coded (because they didn't do it at first for a long time) to randomly select equipment that is same level as the best.. to avoid them all going for the same exact item.. and having a long train of townies all moving from item to item and starving themselves to death (which also shouldn't happen anymore) in the process..

Is why I suggested + and - level for prefix/suffix.. so you could make them want to take better enchanted items over normal items..


yeah, levels sounds great. i see it a bit different. i see that so citizen who does armor more gets better in that action and this grants him better % for rolling higher dice during craft, let's say up to 80% or extra rolling for bigger chances. i'n not sure

such thing will give more attachment to citizens and bigger sense for groups
Yurii_asdfg
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:21 am

Re: different unit stats

Postby Yurii_asdfg » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:41 pm

johanwanderer wrote:
Yurii_asdfg wrote:thanks. that's nice to know, but how to get better weapons in game (without cheating)? or it is just random? as d = dice, right?


As you make lots and lots of stuff, just sell the inferior ones :) When you tell townies to autoequip, they usually choose the best possible. So do the heroes.

And yes, d = dice. So 1d100 = rolling one 100-sized dice, and 4d25 = rolling 4 25-sized dice and adding the results together. At least that's how I read it.


thanks. it looks nice. caravan takes all crap from you and you buy good things. nice
Yurii_asdfg
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:21 am


Return to Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron