Villagers not cooking [SOLVED]

Villagers not cooking [SOLVED]

Postby BelgianBrewer » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:33 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lkazmtphf2imjv0/c1normal.zip
there is my save file.

I have a pure cooked steak community, more than enough people, stoves, cows, and raw steaks, and yet I noticed that people were getting sick from hunger.

I have them set to maintain a stockpile of 100 with the right arrow, and now suddenly they only respond to the left arrow, I can manually order them to cook steak, but they will no longer maintain a stock
BelgianBrewer

Re: Villagers not cooking

Postby BelgianBrewer » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:34 pm

side note: I increased villager speed to not painful to watch, I can repair my game files with steam if you feel I have caused this
I also searched through all bug reports, known issues, and solved bugs for this, and did not find it
BelgianBrewer

Postby Reyito » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:53 pm

I've loaded your save game and running through it now. I don't see a problem... you've got 100 steak in the stockpile.
Reyito

Postby Reyito » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:09 pm

Never mind, I see it now. For some reason your townies refuse to make more than 1 steak at a time (auto mode).

I can't see why. I tried builidng more stoves, changing your order up, butchering more.... No matter what's availible, they refuse to build more than one at a time unles syou force with the left arrow.
Reyito

Postby Reyito » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:34 pm

Found the answer. On level -6, you have a low cooking fire. Destroy it (and your auto utility for maintaining a low cooking fire). For some reason, that's taking precedence in your Auto-Cooking queue.

It's checking to see if there are any "Low Cooking fires" first... finds 1, and then doesn't check to see if there are any empty stoves. Your townie will then cook, using the closest source (a stove).

So something is off in the Auto-queue feature.

I duplicated it by building additional fires... and still nothing. Until they reached the "Low-Cooking Fire" stage... then suddenly they started cooking like mad again.

I found your fire by deleting your kitchen, and adding kitchen tables only. Then watched to wear the townie ran off too to do his cooking.
Reyito

Postby supermalparit » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:20 am

I'll take a look, and thanks Reyito for the explanation, that will help
Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team

Re: Villagers not cooking [SOLVED]

Postby supermalparit » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:46 am

Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team