Reville Photo Journal

Show us your creations and tactics!

Reville Photo Journal

Postby EnvizionRev » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:55 am

Hey there gang. Ole Rev is back to building. My project this time? Build a town with architecture a little closer to home. But include some really nice things too, say like, a cathedral perhaps? :) I just got started today, and instead of doing a let's play that takes hours and hours to watch through, thought I'd just do a photo journal like I did back for Terra Aeternam. Short and to the point of the action, and my internet bandwidth will love me so much for it. :lol: Alright, so here are the first three shots of the town as it is WIP.

The Founder's District, sometimes also called the Fisherman's District as fish is the primary source of food at the moment. The River doth provide.

Downtown. Where the Pinehearth Tavern is to be built, as well as an assortment of shops.

What is this crazy mess? This is the floorplan to the Cathedral. It may look like a mess, and it's got a long road ahead to being built(not to mention the challenge of scaling it properly to meet the 12 height limit), but it's a beauty waiting to happen.

The only story to really happen so far is poor Elizabeth Durandal died to a froggy ambush while searching from wheat to plant, but her husband Robin took up a spear he found and avenged her, and shortly after became the Reville Guard.

The fair people of Reville have only just arrived in this new foreign land frought with danger, but they are already becoming a proud and productive people. We shall have to wait and see what they can accomplish in the coming months.
-- Envizion Revelations, Towns Moderator
EnvizionRev

Re: Reville Photo Journal

Postby EnvizionRev » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:03 am

Day 2

It's been a productive and exciting day. The groundwork for the Cathedral has been layed, but it will be changed several times before the base layer is set.

The Townies begin an annual festival to see "Who can stay on a table longer than a chicken".

A werepig attacks!

The base is starting to be set, and a large temporary work station has been set up to expedite the build.

Nusnep the Goblin King launches a raid with his fellow goblins upon the village when a hero attacks him and flees.

This sheep knows how to stay cool in the summer sun.

The Cathedral as it stands at the end of the day. It looks like quite a mess. I'm hopeful it will turn out in the end.

EnvizionRev

Postby supermalparit » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:40 am

EnvizionRev wrote:The Townies begin an annual festival to see "Who can stay on a table longer than a chicken".

Hahahaha
Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team

Postby Jon_jon13 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:42 am

That chicken festival must become official. Just sayin'
This device requires watergineers, m'lord!
Jon_jon13

Postby YetiChow » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:19 am

Loving it! this is going to be yet another "must see piece of lore", I just know it...
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby EnvizionRev » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:21 am

Day 3

I was using the stone fence for the accent work all around, but then came up with a better idea for the front.

The Heroes' Tombs(bought, not made. ;)) become the gargoyles of this wonder.

The SuperCathedral, as it is to be now named, is finished. In all it's glory:

It stands 29 blocks wide, 51 blocks long and 12 blocks high. Because of the world ceiling I obviously had trouble and had to sacrifice the beautiful tall towers, but I think I did ok with the limitations.
Also, just below the SuperCathedral is the hospital zone, placed on a carnivorous plant. It encourages safe work practices and punishes the soldiers who do not slay their enemies with flawless victories.

The Interior, camera level low to the floor.

The SuperCathedral is more than a sight to be seen from the outside, but is even as beautiful on the inside. Where the exterior is busy and involved, the inside is vast and serene. The tall pillars stand firm this majestic creation.

Yes, a cathedral is not without ceiling vaulting.

And of course, the reason it is the SuperCathedral.

It is not to be buried just yet for archeological fun, as the rest of the town is to be built first. But.... here's the save to check out the build. :D
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?k0eat224byjazuz
EnvizionRev

Postby YetiChow » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:04 am

very nice indeed... in fact, I can't think of anything else to say; my mind is that blown by the awesomness peresented :D
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby EnvizionRev » Sat May 18, 2013 12:41 am

March 21st, Year 3

A city starts to rise, slowly but surely, around the SuperCathedral. A community has given rise to farmers, bakers, hat makers and heroes. Great merchants from far away lands have made port here, and Reville has become a very wealthy endevour.

The Bakery and Fisherman's Wharf, teeming with life and service to provide food to these brave masses. The cornerstones for the city from which to rise upon and make its mark on the skydwellers.

The Mason Household on the edge of Town. The gateway to the underworld and a prized luxury it is. The vast riches(and untold dangers) that have been discovered in the depths below my feet have made the Mason family very prosperous yet humble. Blood was given for to float their coffers, and the childen of the original founders have not let their inheritence gone to idle fancy and fancy stone. Much of their own blood and sweat was given to the SuperCathedral, which it graciously accepted.

A glimpse at the rise of power of Reville. More and more homesteaders come from far and near and much more than lean-to's will press shoulder to shoulder with towers and bells. With each brick set in mortar does another destiny weave its thread into the fold and makes it stronger, and will increase the area in which it will cover. But shall it warm and comfort? Or sufficate? It is up to the weaver to decide.

More homes, and the farmers plot. Sow and Poultry now help to fill our bellies, which we are greatful for the variety. Soon then came a restaurant to put good foods together and prepared with a fancy decor most inviting. Even so stands a bell tower too, white and gleaming, with the redundant task of telling us when it is time to eat.

I walk amongst the graves and read the names of those no longer among us. Each graves telling of how the lost made their journey, some funny, some sad, but none path given I would wish to follow.

A Stone's Throw Away and Yours Truly,
Rev
EnvizionRev

Postby JackPS9 » Sat May 18, 2013 1:00 am

Im still waitting for this to be finished to be buried XD
JackPS9

Postby David Nahmani » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:59 am

Perfect photos give ideas of room decoration!
David Nahmani

Return to Screens & tips