A few questions before I can show you my work

Show us your creations and tactics!

Re: A few questions before I can show you my work

Postby Hyrus » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:17 pm

You are right, my roofs are very basic... I understood your idea, I think it would look pretty cool in a high building like the mansion if it was built for it, like in your screenshot. Not sure if it'll work on mine, but I'll give it a shot to see!

And yes, the blue flowers were planted with till/plant/untill. I did that before the new autoharvesting flowers system though, if I activate it the townies might gather those flowers and they won't regrow... So I can't use automatic flower harvesting, I do it manually when I'm doing big projects.
Hyrus

Postby Anon » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:33 am

I was already wondering why everything seemed to be smooth when I was in your Town, except when I needed to make more roof, I had to harvest flowers myself.

Incidentally, I manually harvested those flowers of yours, haha :P

Anyway, here is my town in case you'd like to see :)

Normal.zip (1.3 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!mEkCXTxQ!OdfvI1b_HKgdNUeBJkimIhV_D34JbfD6RxW9_hMrlBg

It's not as 'advanced' and detailed as your town yet, it's still a work in progress, a skeleton that is still expanding, but that should be adequately clear to anyone that views it. (Incidentally this is also a game with huge blue square problems).
Anon

Postby Hyrus » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:19 pm

Says your file is temporarily unavailable, I'll try it out later. About the flowers, I thought about fencing them out completely, but that wouldn't look too good and I don't have room to do it... =/

But I'm still kind of stumped about what to do next in my town, haven't played it in a couple days...
Hyrus

Postby Anon » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:14 am

Hyrus wrote:Says your file is temporarily unavailable, I'll try it out later. About the flowers, I thought about fencing them out completely, but that wouldn't look too good and I don't have room to do it... =/

But I'm still kind of stumped about what to do next in my town, haven't played it in a couple days...

My town wasn't even close to finishing, and I decided I want to abandon it.

Because of how Towns work, I want a central mineshaft into the dungeon, to minimize walking time. Going to build around that.
Anon

Postby YetiChow » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:29 am

Hyrus wrote:Says your file is temporarily unavailable, I'll try it out later. About the flowers, I thought about fencing them out completely, but that wouldn't look too good and I don't have room to do it... =/

Make something built around a water-based feature (a lake, or a fountain, or an ingenious system of aqueducts to water your farms or whatever) so you can enter it into the Build Contest - I'm sure that with your building skills you'd stand a fair chance :D
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby Hyrus » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:29 pm

I can't enter the contest because I'm from Brazil... =/ But I have devised a new water system, built into the walls of my newly made castle outline, almost like plumbing. It still needs a lot of polish, but I'll soon post some screens and a savegame... I just need to figure out what to use it for! Hahaha
Hyrus

Postby Hyrus » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:34 pm

Here is a fraction of the castle: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?062fw904v021g2f

It is largely unfinished, and you can't see the plumbing on that... It's on level 4. But you can get an idea, even if it's just the outlying walls and it's far, far from ready, since it's such a huge project. At least the prison is finished, with it being connected to the castle complex and with some blocks replaced with grass terraces, on top of being isolated by the castle moat.

Here is the savegame if anyone wants to take a deeper look: http://www.mediafire.com/?mppp7553mdw74mj
Hyrus

Postby burningpet » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:45 pm

Just downloaded and i am very impressed!

That's too bad you cant enter. however, i am sure we will see your creations on the future contests where we will host them at ours.
burningpet

Postby burningpet » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:48 pm

Anon wrote:I was already wondering why everything seemed to be smooth when I was in your Town, except when I needed to make more roof, I had to harvest flowers myself.

Incidentally, I manually harvested those flowers of yours, haha :P

Anyway, here is my town in case you'd like to see :)

Normal.zip (1.3 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!mEkCXTxQ!OdfvI1b_HKgdNUeBJkimIhV_D34JbfD6RxW9_hMrlBg

It's not as 'advanced' and detailed as your town yet, it's still a work in progress, a skeleton that is still expanding, but that should be adequately clear to anyone that views it. (Incidentally this is also a game with huge blue square problems).

I cant download it for some reason. The mega site tells me i have to agree to their TOS, but it wont let me scroll down to agree to them.
burningpet

Postby Anon » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:28 am

Odd, it doesn't ask me that, it's just a checkbox here. For bug squashing I could possibly upload it to my own webspace again, like I did with the previous ones?
Anon

PreviousNext

Return to Screens & tips