(Reposting) Flour Queue Problems

Show us your creations and tactics!

Re: (Reposting) Flour Queue Problems

Postby Anon » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:03 am

supermalparit wrote:Provide us the save. But I supose you have 1 smelter and the townies do the tasks when they can

Since the thread got attention late, I'm not sure if I have the save. And I had tons of mills, also this shouldn't prevent it from being queued. Anyway I'll check, I regularly back up my files for random corruption issues.
Anon

Postby Brewster » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:49 pm

supermalparit wrote:Provide us the save. But I supose you have 1 smelter and the townies do the tasks when they can

If/when I notice it happening again, I'll send the save. But as Anon says, I had four mills, seven baker's tables and six ovens, but they would never produce more than one flour at a time automatically, despite it being set to always have 30. When I manually set the flour production to 30, it was done within minutes, but then wouldn't go above 1 or 2 again once the flour started to be used.
Brewster

Postby Anon » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:04 pm

I have PM-ed you again with another savegame in which the problem is reoccuring with wheat gathering this time.
Anon

Postby supermalparit » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:35 pm

What is the problem? Citizens use the wheat to produce flour
Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team

Postby Brewster » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:57 pm

But if I set flour to always have 30 available, and there are currently only 10, it should set the left number to 20 automatically, shouldn't it? When this bug is occuring, it never sets it higher than 1 or 2, so flour supplies don't get re-filled fast enough and you end up never having more than 2 flour available, so people starve. Even if I manually set the left counter to 30, it decreases each time a flour is made, but doesn't increase again when one is used.
Brewster

Postby kiraen » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:17 am

How many mills do you have? It will not set the queue higher then the number of tasks that can be done simultaneously.
kiraen

Postby Anon » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:22 am

supermalparit wrote:What is the problem? Citizens use the wheat to produce flour

More wheat isn't being queued, so townies are not harvesting it automatically, even though there is wheat, and the desired number has not been reached.

kiraen wrote:How many mills do you have? It will not set the queue higher then the number of tasks that can be done simultaneously.

Always more than one, and the problem was that it barely raised it with one, starving the entire population. (I usually have 8 or more mills).
Anon

Postby Anon » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:32 pm

The flour problem is again randomly reoccuring in my game that is now at 30/7/2.

Flour is again not being auto-queued. It worked fine before. I almost lost my entire population again.
Anon

Previous

Return to Screens & tips