Monster Heads

Show us your creations and tactics!

Monster Heads

Postby TheWesDude » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:25 am

they are functionally weapons and you can use them for decorative uses, but your townies wont put them inside storage containers.

they should be made to go into either weapon containers/stockpiles or something else.

it would really help clean up when you try to manually equip a weapon or something to have to scroll through 3-4 pages of monster heads spread throughout your dungeons.

and other than drastically lowering the chance of heads dropping, making tons of decorations just for the express purpose of deleting them, making townies equip them, then equip something in your stockpile so they "move" the heads to where you can easily see them...

its a huge damn headache to manage.
TheWesDude

Re: Monster Heads

Postby supermalparit » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:07 pm

We decided to not put the heads in the containers. One of the reasons are that looks weird, and the other are townies going to the dungeons to pick the heads and dying like flies
Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team

Postby Falko » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:49 pm

supermalparit wrote:the other are townies going to the dungeons to pick the heads and dying like flies
how is that different to bones or weapons?
Falko

Postby supermalparit » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:52 pm

True... so, it looks weird. :)

We removed that on the past, so, people can use heads as a weapon but they didn't store it on piles/containers
Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team

Postby Reyito » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:56 pm

I would LOVE for the Head decorations to be actualy turrets :) (at least those with LOS).

Everything in this game causes townies to run out and get killed.... the least you can do is give it it's own classification of weapons (say... HEADS) and make a special container for them. Now to clean up I have to make an infinite number of "decorations" in some obscure corner of my dungeons.
Reyito

Postby YetiChow » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:15 am

Reyito wrote:I would LOVE for the Head decorations to be actualy turrets :) (at least those with LOS).

Everything in this game causes townies to run out and get killed.... the least you can do is give it it's own classification of weapons (say... HEADS) and make a special container for them. Now to clean up I have to make an infinite number of "decorations" in some obscure corner of my dungeons.

You can always mod to add them to the burner menu or a caravan's trading list...

Personally, I'd like to see the heads not be weapons by default, but have an action to make them into weapons. That, or have them start out as a weapon but quickly (2800 turns/1 day?) <maxAge> into a non-weapon version which is used for decorative purposes. I also think it would be cool if you could convert them into skulls, and use skulls in some bone recipes (such as the helmet, the door, the bed etc.), and new skull items.

And, of course, the game is just crying out for a catapult to launch them at enemies... :twisted:
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby lovelyme » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:05 am

Falko wrote:
supermalparit wrote:the other are townies going to the dungeons to pick the heads and dying like flies
how is that different to bones or weapons?

yeahh this is... my question also..
i wondering that what is the defferent
of bones or weapons
“I've always thought it prudent to bring some running shoes. Some guys are the type of people who bring brass knuckles for sale to a fight.”
Jarod Kintz, His B+ook is Not for Sale
lovelyme

Postby Lashevro » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:47 am

I think a skull "path" would be awesome to see. Roads made of your enemies heads leading into you palace or barracks... Muahahaha...

Also, +1 for heads needing to be crafted into weapons, I think that would really help reduce weapons clutter while still allowing skull throwers their favorite weapon.
Lashevro

Return to Screens & tips