The best way to conquer the difficult maps...

Show us your creations and tactics!

The best way to conquer the difficult maps...

Postby Lykavia Spiritheart » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:16 am

Ive played the snow and Desert maps which looked tough. So this tactic can help anyone else to take out the monsters.
Change all civilians into soldiers and put them all in a patrol group to make them move as one with patrol flags to take out monsters early as possible with a hospital available to them.

Fruit is what i go for first till i find another food source for the townies to love.
Lykavia Spiritheart

Re: The best way to conquer the difficult maps...

Postby Anon » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:44 pm

Ha, I only ever tried the regular map so far, I thought they were all alike, perhaps I should check the others ^^
Anon

Re: The best way to conquer the difficult maps...

Postby YetiChow » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:09 am

Anon wrote:Ha, I only ever tried the regular map so far, I thought they were all alike, perhaps I should check the others ^^

Oh, you don't know what you're in for...

The desert map has virtually no food (well, there's plenty to eat but it's not very filling) unless you get lucky and find surface iron. The Jungle is infested with hostile froggies, and it's rather difficult to get a farm going for animals. The Snow map has plenty of food, but you're not the only hungry ones there... and the Mixed map has all of these dangers!

They are fun challenges no doubt, but if you're new to these extremes of climate then prepare to die horribly more often than usual. The learning curve is steep, and it's a lot harder to fix an unexpected issue as you have more pressures to deal with. Good luck... you'll need it!
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Return to Screens & tips