Bread/flour Production

Show us your creations and tactics!

Bread/flour Production

Postby ruven300 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:35 am

I've run into a bug where my citizens refuse to make flour and bread. I have everything I need, the bread is cued, mills are there, bakery has all the required utility objects, there's more than enough wheat, the citizens just refuse to even make the flour. Instead they stand around till they starve to death. They follow all other commands so I don't understand whats going wrong here.
ruven300

Re: Bread/flour Production

Postby kiraen » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:58 am

Usually when someone says their townies just stand around or ignore the order, it's because of a pathing problem.
Quick test: Make a patrol townie. set a flag on top of the wheat, one on top of a mill, one on top of the oven and one on top of the bakers table.
Any flag your townie does not go to is inaccessible. Check for locked doors, broken scaffolds, and/or misplaced stairs.

OTOH, if your townie can patrol to all required locations then congratulations, your problem is more complex. :)
kiraen

Postby ragnar » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:39 am

With the last patch you need to set the number for flour in the produce menu (the menu to the left), townies will not create flour automatically anymore after the v9, so maybe that is the problem
ragnar

Postby supermalparit » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:16 am

ragnar wrote:With the last patch you need to set the number for flour in the produce menu (the menu to the left), townies will not create flour automatically anymore after the v9, so maybe that is the problem

+1

Can you confirm us if that's the problem? If not, please, send us your savegame and we will take a look
Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team

Re: Bread/flour Production [NOT A BUG]

Postby ruven300 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:52 pm

Turns out this was user error on my part. I didn't realize that flour had become a separate cue. I'm going to have to sit down and read the patch changes again to make sure I didn't miss anything else. It's working fine now and I thank you for the help.
ruven300

Re: Bread/flour Production [NOT A BUG]

Postby supermalparit » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:56 pm

Moved to screens and tips, maybe it will help to other users :)
Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team

Return to Screens & tips