Heroes Don't equip items (random)

Show us your creations and tactics!

Heroes Don't equip items (random)

Postby stickreid » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:17 am

i'm only on -2 and -4(is there a -3??) but one of my heroes is DECKED OUT in armor, I mean he has EVERY piece of armor he can wear.
my second hero only has a hat and his blade..
my thirdd hero only had a blade....

I see these heros kill things that dorp items all the time and they dont equip anything at all.. is so sad that al my townies have a lot of armor when one of my heros hasnt picked up a thing

i'm scared to send my hero down further into -4 because hes getting roughed up pretty bad with only a weapon and no armor
please fix this bug
stickreid

Re: Heroes Don't equip items (random)

Postby titegtnodI » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:31 am

I don't think it's really a bug as much as it's a "the hero doesn't feel like equipping that equipment".
titegtnodI

Postby stickreid » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:41 am

still a bug imo... it's bad code, that needs to be rewritten.
the hero SHOULD pick up at least 1 item that drops out of about 25 item drops....

especially how i've read that even at high levels the hero wont replace his shitty starting armor with something way better in the town's possession.
stickreid

Postby titegtnodI » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:19 am

stickreid wrote:still a bug imo... it's bad code, that needs to be rewritten.
the hero SHOULD pick up at least 1 item that drops out of about 25 item drops....

especially how i've read that even at high levels the hero wont replace his shitty starting armor with something way better in the town's possession.

I don't think it's bad code if the hero simply doesn't want to pick it up. I thought it was awesome the first time one of my heroes picked up a piece of equipment. One of the fun parts of Towns is that you don't have control over your heroes. What if their piece of starting equipment has sentimental value to them? Who are you to tell that hero that their way of thinking is "bad code", your favourite shoes are bad code.
titegtnodI

Postby Reyito » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:58 pm

Also, which heroes are we talking about? Not all heroes can wear armor. Or all types of armor.

And very rarely does bone armor drop (which is what most of them wear. So which hero is decked out? And which is ignoring it?
Reyito

Postby stickreid » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:01 pm

titegtnodI wrote:
stickreid wrote:still a bug imo... it's bad code, that needs to be rewritten.

I don't think it's bad code if the hero simply doesn't want to pick it up. I thought it was awesome the first time one of my heroes picked up a piece of equipment. One of the fun parts of Towns is that you don't have control over your heroes. What if their piece of starting equipment has sentimental value to them? Who are you to tell that hero that their way of thinking is "bad code", your favourite shoes are bad code.

its bad code that by the time im done with -4 all my heros except one died because they refused to pick up any loot. there was tons of bone armor that dropped that i ended up just giving to my townies.. there was tons of feathered hats that dropped that i ended up giving to my townies and soldiers.. there were tons of boots that dropped that i ended up giving to my townies and soldiers.

To be honest i agree with you that is kind of cool they pick it up because they like it.. but why WONT THEY PICK UP ANYTHING?!!? they dont pick up anything because they want to die? they are in a damn dungeon, and need everything they can get to survive and all they care about is waiting for what they want????? doesent seem to real to me.. maybe it should be they pick up anything they can get at first AND THEN once they have more options they only wear certain things if they like it.
that seems a bit more real dont you think?

Reyito wrote:Also, which heroes are we talking about? Not all heroes can wear armor. Or all types of armor.

And very rarely does bone armor drop (which is what most of them wear. So which hero is decked out? And which is ignoring it?

i'm talking about the theif and the ranger. lots of bone armor and feather hats and special boots dropped tht one theif or ranger picked up another wont touch at all...
now after my first post all my heroes have died twice except one, because they refuse to pick up damn armor.
stickreid

Postby supermalparit » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:21 pm

Every hero is different, and not all heroes can wear all the armors/weapons (for example, mages can't wear metal items).

Also, the heroes don't check their surrondings at every turn, so, from time to time they do that and, if the item on the ground can be weared by the hero and he likes the item, he picks it and wear it.

Heroes also have a moral counter. Some ones will not pick items from piles, other ones will pick it from piles only when there are no townies around.

So, I can't see a bug here.
Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team

Return to Screens & tips