[Bug] Tilling on Jungle

Show us your creations and tactics!

[Bug] Tilling on Jungle

Postby Sunstormer » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:57 am

Hi I've been playing your demo of Towns through a few versions now (and have been thoroughly enjoying it) but I have noticed an issue been unresolved so I'd just like to point it out...

Upon generating a map or loading an existing map (any which will have jungle tiles in it) and once you remove any other obstructions like trees or other blocks etc and clear the jungle to a flattened state, then trying to till the now cleared jungle tiles results in nothing happening (using the area select tool) and manually tilling is impossible due to the till option not being available once you right click to open the tile options...

However the same problem does not happen to the Sand or Snow tiles, the problem only resides with Jungle tiles that have had something stacked 'on top' of them, as any jungle tiles that have had nothing 'on top' of them are capable of being tilled.
Sunstormer

Re: [Bug] Tilling on Jungle

Postby Sunstormer » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:41 am

Can one of the Moderators please move my post to the "Bug Reports" area, something seems to of gone wrong with my posts location... thank you kindly for the trouble.
Sunstormer

Postby supermalparit » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:46 am

Jungle tiles can't be tilled. That's not a bug :P
Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team

Postby Ol.Joe » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:58 pm

I till jungle to use planted jungle trees, banana plantations and blue radish/jungle mushroom patches, so why can some jungle be tilled and other patches not?
Ol.Joe

Postby supermalparit » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:13 pm

Oh, I see what is happening. Let me check a bit how the map is generated.

Summarizing, IIRC, only some jungle tiles can be tilled. I'll take a look
Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team

Postby Sunstormer » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:20 pm

Yep kinda defeats the purpose of having banana's blue radishes or mushrooms as something that requires you to plant them on tilled jungle...
Sunstormer

Postby supermalparit » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:10 pm

I just checked it and it seems that the only jungle cells that can't be tilled are the brownie village ones. Because it's a sacred land..... cough, cough
Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team

Postby Reyito » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:53 pm

supermalparit wrote:I just checked it and it seems that the only jungle cells that can't be tilled are the brownie village ones. Because it's a sacred land..... cough, cough

It's Burningpet's fault.
Reyito

Return to Screens & tips