Townies Starving to Death

Show us your creations and tactics!

Townies Starving to Death

Postby namer » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:07 am

After v9 my townies started dying after some time has passed. They have a full food chain (Wheat > Flour > Bread), but IF i put a cow/pig/chicken farm ALL the wheat eventually starts to be used to feed the animals, and they stop making flour and bread. The fix i have for now is to QUARANTINE/DESTROY the farms so that the townies never ever try to feed another animal.

I don't know if this was the intention of the update or not, but if so may i ask for the developers to make the priority of making food for the townies being greater than the priority of feeding the animals?
namer

Re: Townies Starving to Death

Postby supermalparit » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:09 am

I'll take a look at the priorities. But, at the moment, you will have to use less farms, and/or butcher the animals before they consume the wheat
Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team

Postby namer » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:12 am

I have one farm only =D
Is it really too much ?
namer

Postby supermalparit » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:15 am

:) Lol, I supose not. But if you don't butch the animals at the end you will have too many and eventually you will lose all the wheat.

Right click on the building to turn off the automatic mode may help to maintain a safe number of animals.
Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team

Postby TheGoldElite » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:57 pm

Would be good maybe to queue up a max number of farm animals? Could be a good feature, instead of manually switching them on and off constantly, as you teeter between overpopulation followed by a hundred bones and no wheat, or starvation as all the animals are slaughtered :/
TheGoldElite

Postby supermalparit » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:00 pm

Yes, that sounds good.

But our future plans include the removal of all the premade buildings (farms, mineshaft). So, we will try to set a fauna "game-of-life" and also create some areas where "the love" happens between animals. We still have to discuss the details.
Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team

Postby Camble_soup » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:31 pm

supermalparit wrote:Yes, that sounds good.

But our future plans include the removal of all the premade buildings (farms, mineshaft). So, we will try to set a fauna "game-of-life" and also create some areas where "the love" happens between animals. We still have to discuss the details.

To get the "love" going maybe there could be a mother tree that gives off an aura to animals (and townies) to reproduce. But to counter this the froggies want to destroy the mother tree. :)
Untill next time, Camble.
"Does thou's mother knowth you wearth her drapes?" - Iron man talking to Thor in The Avengers.
Camble_soup

Postby samsaker » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:57 pm

Camble_soup wrote:
supermalparit wrote:Yes, that sounds good.

To get the "love" going maybe there could be a mother tree that gives off an aura to animals (and townies) to reproduce. But to counter this the froggies want to destroy the mother tree. :)

What about a fertility idol that you create using wood.
samsaker

Postby Camble_soup » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:01 pm

i like that one :)
Untill next time, Camble.
"Does thou's mother knowth you wearth her drapes?" - Iron man talking to Thor in The Avengers.
Camble_soup

Return to Screens & tips