Conquistador Aperture

Show us your creations and tactics!

Conquistador Aperture

Postby kikito » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:47 am

Hi there!

I'm new to these forums. I wanted to share a technique I came out with today. I call it the Conquistador Aperture.

Steps:

• Start a new standard game (pause immediately)
  • Move all your townies to military, and put them in group 1. Make the group 1 "patrol".
  • Locate the jungle section. Most froggies and toadies should be there.
  • Right click near every froggie/toadie and set a patrol point for the group 1.
  • Unpause, and enjoy the slaughter
  • When all enemies are dead, set group 1 to "guard", and make every townie a citizen again (non-military).

Bonus points: Now that the jungle is undefended, you can plant berries, bananas and mushrooms there. You might have to remove all those pesky trees first.
kikito

Re: Conquistador Aperture

Postby YetiChow » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:46 am

It should work, but your townies have a knack for getting themselves killed - one unfortunately spawned carnivorous plant will split them up and they'll attack the froggies piecemeal (the froggies will slaughter everyone in that case); they might run across all the froggies in one hit (again the froggies win because they're much better in a group than townies - froggies have higher stats but slower attack, so eleven froggies are more powerful together than eleven townies) or they might simply starve before they get there or decide to go to sleep during the fight...

While the tactic should work most of the time, you still need to make sure that the townies hit the froggies together and don't get split up at any stage or else you'll be sending them on a suicide mission. I personally prefer to let rogues do the dirty work... especially because it doesn't matter so much if they die :twisted:
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Return to Screens & tips