50 townies + 12 guards, lagspikes every 3-4 secs?

Show us your creations and tactics!

50 townies + 12 guards, lagspikes every 3-4 secs?

Postby Fubull » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:06 am

Hey all as mention above, my game starts to lag after i get 50 + people.

I have read around, and found out that "order queues" and order in general can be an factor.

But, I feel like my order queue is at a min. now and if i set the queues lower my townies will starve.

I have cleared all monsters at my current mining level at 4.

My building like baker, prepared food, raw food and frankly all gatherable zones and producting facilities, are in buildings up to lvl 4 with floors.

http://s6.postimage.org/nonla4ikh/towns_2.png

http://s6.postimage.org/pf6mbm03l/towns_1.png

I hope some who had experienced same probs, could lend me some suggestion.. cheers
Fubull

Re: 50 townies + 12 guards, lagspikes every 3-4 secs?

Postby YetiChow » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:52 am

Some common causes of lag:

- lots of items lying around (each one generates a check for hauling which adds to the queue tickover - the task isn't queued but it still takes up CPU resources figuring out no tto queue the task). This is probably the main contributor if you're on level -12, storing items in barrels or burning/selling them will help.

- large farms outputting far too many animals can give a similar issue where there are too many entities.

- too many idle townies causing a similar task queue check build-up as the first one; every tick the game checks for tasks for idle townies which again takes up resources. Ironically the best fix for this is to give them something to do: either hauling those items from the dungeons into stockpiles (to be mass-sold when the next caravan arrives) or making valuable commodities to seel to the next caravan (wooden swords work well, flowers are good for cash but the point of them is that you just harvest and leave them go so it doesn't solve your towneis' laz- I mean, idleness problems :lol:). Basically, if you're towneis don't have anyhting to do then get them making products to seel so you can buy special gear - that stuff is expensive so you want to start saving as early as you can.

Whatever you do, make sure to do it in small stages - if you give all 50 townies an order at once then usually only about 30 will work while the others sleep, eat etc. and then around half of the hard-working townies will starve because they're working too hard. it might be best to lay off all your other projects and just concentrate on cleaning up the drops and storing your resources until you get the lag under conrol.

Hope that this is useful :)
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby Fubull » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:29 pm

allright, yes that was alot helpful, I will try haul the remainding things lying around up, there is just one prob, and that is the goblin heads, which dont fit into any stockpile :P

ill post my results later -cheers
Fubull

Postby Fubull » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:13 pm

I have stored ALL the ITE items, spiderites mostly now, and it have helped. I makes sence, the lag is drasticly reduced now. I think that having green glowing orbs lying around, takes alot of cpu.
Fubull

Return to Screens & tips