My little town

Show us your creations and tactics!

My little town

Postby Per Ole » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:00 am

Just thought I'd share my little town. A few days of hard work IRL has allowed me to make a cute little town. I know, still missing some stuff, but I'm completly new to the game (bought it on steam) and this is my first working village.

My housing complex features a 6x4x3 layout meaning a total of 72 rooms with two internal staircases. All rooms are identical in the complex, and the layout is the same on all floors. The tavern, as you can see in the internal picture, has 6 rooms on ground level, 6 more in the top floor and another 16 in the basement (yes I know, will never need this many rooms :P). The tavern also features a common room with a little bar and two wings, one for chess and one for meetings.
The little fort you can see is my dungeon entrance. You can also see other staircases, but these only lead into the basements of different buildings (where I have my storage). The dug out squares you can see are foundations for future buildings. Not sure what to put there yet.

Please let me know what you think :)

http://imageshack.us/a/img812/6040/mytowna.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img5/9696/townfloor.jpg

EDIT: Btw I have 23 citizens, 3 soldiers and 5 heroes atm. When I finished the tavern I had 13 civilians and 2 soldiers. After that I built the fort and then the rest of the apartment complex (built the first floor at the beginning of the game).

Fun fact: I actually built the tavern in Minecraft (a game I'm also new to) before I built it in the game, just to figure out dimensions of everything and stuff.
Last edited by Per Ole on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Per Ole

Re: My little town

Postby Empalaor » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:28 pm

wow, so cool!

I'm always trying to do something like this but it ends being more simple...
Empalaor

Postby sadron » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:13 am

That's pretty nifty. Though I personally have been trying to make my villagers have their own houses. I have like one two-floor apartment building and then a bunch of houses with "families" in them, in essence they have their own bedrooms.
sadron

Postby Per Ole » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:23 pm

Here's a pic of a new town that I'm working on atm, thought it'd be fun to build a town organized around a central plaza

http://imageshack.us/a/img825/5442/plazatown.jpg
Per Ole

Postby supermalparit » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:28 pm

Wow! :o

Why the hell I can't create towns like this one!!!!???
Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team

Postby Per Ole » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:36 pm

I find it fun to place housing around the town in different kinds of buildings, often above workshops and stuff which is where people often live in towns. For example, in the town I just posted I have 2 rooms above the kitchen (building with green roof), 9 rooms in the dining building/arena ( 4 in the front, 1 on each side of the dining room, 3 on the 2nd floor above the dining room), 1 room in the little tower above the stonemasons shop (wood building with straw roof), 2 above the smithy, 10 in the basement of the tavern (there are also 6 tavern rooms down there, 6 on the main floor and 6 in the 2nd floor). In addition to these I have apartment buildings as well, like the two apartment blocks (yellow building yellow roof, white building red roof, 4 apartments each floor, 2 floors), a long log cabin (5 apartments) and an apartment building with 20 rooms.

I think that's all the private rooms I have atm xD
Per Ole

Postby ragnar » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:40 pm

Per Ole wrote:Here's a pic of a new town that I'm working on atm, thought it'd be fun to build a town organized around a central plaza

Holy crap
ragnar

Postby burningpet » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:53 pm

Per Ole wrote:Here's a pic of a new town that I'm working on atm, thought it'd be fun to build a town organized around a central plaza

Hot damn i fancy this very much. really love that mayan temple!
burningpet

Postby Per Ole » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:28 pm

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Feel free to use that pic for anything if you want to, even though the town isn't finished yet. I love this game a lot and I wish you the very best with it. Got just over 200 hours logged on Steam in Towns...

Any chance of getting the ability to rotate stairs? It's something I've missed a lot, a good example is the pyramid I built, which originally was going to have 1 staircase 3 wide on each side, however since you can't rotate they didn't sit straight on at the sides, so I dropped it to 1 staircase in the front.
Per Ole

Postby YetiChow » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:01 am

Nicely done! There's a "rotatable stairs and furniture mod" you might be interested in, not sure if it's been updated for V9 yet but it wouldn't be hard to do...

I love the way your buildings look likethey were built "over the top" of each other - one tal building gets built, then another taller one puts a balcony/awning over the old tallest buildign just like in a real town. It's those little touches which make the place so impressive :D
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Return to Screens & tips