decrease the usage of stone and wood

Show us your creations and tactics!

decrease the usage of stone and wood

Postby montaropdf » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:08 pm

Hi,

Yesterday playing my first game with the 0.39.x series of patches, it comes clear that wood and stone usage must be carefully done to avoid shortage, so I am sharing a way I found to avoid using to much of them at least at the beginning when creating zones.

To create a valid zone, you need at least one unit of wall on each side of the zone, so that means tht with only 4 logs or stone wall you can create a valid zone.

Example:

Set the walls locations:
Code: Select all
   O

O     O

O

Define the zones:
   O
 ZZZZZ
OZZZZZO
 ZZZZZ
   O

Hope this will help the ones that are starting with the new version or have difficulties to manage wood and stone shortage.
Luke, use the F.O.S.S.
montaropdf

Re: decrease the usage of stone and wood

Postby parkour86 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:52 pm

Wow I really never thought of that. I thought it was required to have all walls on all sides. Thanks for the advice.
parkour86

Postby BlueSteelAUS » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:13 pm

I said that in my video showcasing my mod http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_xkIR1S ... fuZQ9ugbAW on 23 Dec 2011

also if you just use logs the walls will just fade away over time leaving you free to expand your Zones anyway you like because the walls are only needed for placing the zones they function fine without them
BlueSteelAUS

Postby montaropdf » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:03 pm

I have anyway a question, what is the implication of minimal to no walls at all for happiness, especially with personal rooms?
Luke, use the F.O.S.S.
montaropdf

Postby Arenlor » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:10 am

x
xooo
 ooo
 ooox
   x

Is how I would suggest doing it. Still only 4 pieces needed, but easier to see what you meant to do. Given that Wood quickly becomes a full resource, using wood isn't always an issue.
Arenlor

Return to Screens & tips