Page 1 of 3

400 citizens!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:55 am
by andgarrett
Image

200

300

I've been trying to see how many citizens I can get on one map. Its starting to run really slow now. I'm not sure how many more I can get before I can't even run the game anymore.

Re: 400 citizens!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:09 am
by evaldazz
That is just epic man, well done.

Re: 400 citizens!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:42 am
by Tono4ham
i'm going to assume this is purely vanilla, without any mods whatsoever or editing of the gamefiles.
If so then nice work, post your food supplies/kitchens

Re: 400 citizens!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:01 am
by Jon_jon13
Amazing work!

Tono4ham, look at the date... If he took 3 entire years to get to 400 with something like the creative mod, he's just not trying. :lol:

And yeah, food production must be massive, can we have one or two screens of that? :D

Re: 400 citizens!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:04 am
by Tono4ham
Jon_jon13 wrote:Amazing work!

Tono4ham, look at the date... If he took 3 entire years to get to 400 with something like the creative mod, he's just not trying. :lol:

And yeah, food production must be massive, can we have one or two screens of that? :D

Well creative ruins the whole fun of anything. The only time I use creative is when I'm making my map sized towns for pictures or contest submissions. It was more like editing gamefiles that I was asking about. But most people like vanilla. I myself don't use any mods what so ever when i'm actually playing the game properly.

Re: 400 citizens!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:36 pm
by ezryder
Whoa.

My game starts to stutter at about 70 townies.

Grats on an insane amount of crazies in one spot. ;) :o 8-)

Re: 400 citizens!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:59 am
by andgarrett
Tono4ham wrote:i'm going to assume this is purely vanilla, without any mods whatsoever or editing of the gamefiles.
If so then nice work, post your food supplies/kitchens


yes, this is pure vanilla.

top view
Image

underground view
Image


you will have to download the full size verson from the corresponding pages to get a one to one scale. I Photoshopped a bunch of screen shots to get these two images if anyone is wondering.

Re: 400 citizens!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:23 am
by Military
so i'm guessing u use pigs and cows as meat

Re: 400 citizens!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:26 am
by Tono4ham
gotta love the infinitely reproducing omlette farm. Tha'ts what I use to feed my towns

Re: 400 citizens!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:41 pm
by andgarrett
Military wrote:so i'm guessing u use pigs and cows as meat


omelets