Ghost farming 2.0

Show us your creations and tactics!

Re: Ghost farming 2.0

Postby caprontos » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:33 pm

ezryder wrote:I have decorations in my crypts around my graves (flower gardens, statues and bone candlesticks) and they don't seem to spawn ghosts. Ever. Is this by design? If so that's pretty cool. :)

graves themselves do not spawn ghosts, they did in .42 but it was changed for .45 and on. Tis why you need use remains now..:P
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Postby msmiller » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:14 am

i think it is beautiful to add zombies.
"Your eyes looks like hunting knife while staring at me."
msmiller

Postby YetiChow » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:52 am

For some reason, I set myself the challenge of "one-upping" ghost farms - no offence intended to caprontos, it's not like his adaptation isn't amazing already; it's just that the idea got stuck in my head and the only way to get rid of it is to find an improvement to the current system.

Anyway, I think I've come up with one. First, you build an automatic siege-killer defence, but don't add any traps. Then, go into the items.xml and find the spike trap, and change its effects from slow to frozen; creatig a "freeze trap". Next, lock a few townies in the trap and starve them to death (this is to get ghosts so you have a constant supply of hostiles yo work with in between sieges. Before their corpses rot into remains, build a balcony inside the siege killer and ring it with several layers of "freeze traps", and unlock the door; or even remove it if you like - nothing will be getting through, and I would love to see the look on the face of the monsters who are so busy heading towards the undefended town they never even realise they've been frozen solid :twisted:. Any heroes will now have an insanely easy task levelling up (it's easy to kill enemies who can't fight back - every time the frozen effect wears off, they are instantly hit with it again ;)), and you get free loot (potentially high level stuff too if you have lots of townies and therefore hardcore sieges such as burningpets)

If modding isn't your style you could always use bear traps, however you'll need a lot more of them. The reason I designed the freeze traps is that you can leave spaces between layers of them for the loot to drop, without worrying about monsters escaping from the traps' effects - the trigger and reload time of a spike trap is practically instant, and the frozen effect will never wear off before the trap has reloaded.
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby tom k. » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:00 pm

While I like your attempt I think it is somewhat - cheating - given that you mod the game so they basically can't fight back. You may as well just set their attack and defence to 1 to make them an easy kill.
Tom K.
Former Community Moderator

Please read the FAQs before posting.
Towns' Official Modding Partner Site - Townsmods.net
tom k.

Postby YetiChow » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:07 pm

tom k. wrote:While I like your attempt I think it is somewhat - cheating - given that you mod the game so they basically can't fight back. You may as well just set their attack and defence to 1 to make them an easy kill.

Necrodigging much there mate? :lol: Or should I be blaming a spambot for re-re-animating this thread about re-killing the un-dead...

wait... I've confused myself... :lol:
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby tom k. » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:13 pm

Nope, my mistake xD Coprantos linked to the thread somewhere and I thought it said June 1st 2013 xD
Tom K.
Former Community Moderator

Please read the FAQs before posting.
Towns' Official Modding Partner Site - Townsmods.net
tom k.

Previous

Return to Screens & tips