I did make fire..

Show us your creations and tactics!

I did make fire..

Postby caprontos » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:24 am

As a mod test very early on when v14 was being made (little after events were being implemented).. and it worked pretty ok:

Basically the fire is started from a stove and spreads to all the nearby wood items.. it could be put out with water buckets and it dose give a few burn effects..

The picture is a test one, the fire doesn't stay as long in latter adjustments but it shows how it spread anyways... with a proper graphic I imagine it could of been made it to a proper negative event :P... but its pretty meh in practice to deal with..

I just wanted to share :S..
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Re: I did make fire..

Postby Niranufoti » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:03 am

Not bad... Well, yes, of course it's bad, for the townies, but it's cool anyways. Wait, fire is hot...
Whatever. How about a download link so we could see how you did it?
Niranufoti

Postby Haggy » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:45 pm

And I have a suggestion.

You replaced but the wooden objects by the fire - replaced after some time the burnt objects by "nothing" and walls by a "burned version". I like your idea ^ ^
My English is bad. Sorry, but this will not Change.

Schreib einfach in deutsch zurück ;)

Haggys Mod Comp.
Haggy

Postby YetiChow » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:42 am

Haggy wrote:And I have a suggestion.

You replaced but the wooden objects by the fire - replaced after some time the burnt objects by "nothing" and walls by a "burned version". I like your idea ^ ^

The other option would be to make the fires into a "fire block", which covers the whole cell (or even overruns into the srrounding cells graphically - it won't matter if the flames overlap). I agree though that it would be cool if the fire blocks would <maxAgeitem> into an "ash block" rather than totally disappearing - the ashes could have a <maxAge> so they crumble and disappear over time, but if you're quick you can get townies to them and collect the ash... it could have some uses surely.
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby lumin » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:44 am

The other option would be to make the fires into a "fire block", which covers the whole cell (or even overruns into the srrounding cells graphically - it won't matter if the flames overlap). I agree though that it would be cool if the fire blocks would <maxAgeitem> into an "ash block" rather than totally disappearing - the ashes could have a <maxAge> so they crumble and disappear over time, but if you're quick you can get townies to them and collect the ash... it could have some uses surely.
You can easily check 650-296 practice dump with help of latest Avaya latest resource University of Advancing Technology certification dumps certification Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
lumin

Return to Screens & tips