My 1200+ Town

Show us your creations and tactics!

My 1200+ Town

Postby IcedIron » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:55 pm

Well I've been working on this for a while, and I thought I might as well show what I've got for now. It is not supposed to be very pretty, a lot of it is just strict utilitarianism. If anyone wants to know anything or if you want screenies of anything, feel free to ask.
IcedIron

Re: My 1200+ Town

Postby caprontos » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:00 pm

It looks like your getting ready to go to war.. not building a town haha..

Do you not bother trading a lot or do you just spend a lot of gold?
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Postby IcedIron » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:24 am

Like I said, it's highly utilitarian. With sieges and dungeon raiding, it's necessary for each and every citizen to be armed and protected!
IcedIron

Postby YetiChow » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:36 am

Very impressive! I guess you must have lots of iron and coal mines to be pumping out that armour?

I love the way that even the 'utilitarian' spaces look lived-in - beds in personal rooms with tables beside, walkways between utils... it looks like a town people could comfortably live in. I've made more than one "mega-apartment scaffold cube" in games where I've been building monuments, so to me that's not 'utilitarian' by half :lol:

Just for the lols, I wonder what woudl happen if you made all of your citizens into soldiers and sent them all chasing after each otehr into the dungeon? You could make a "stormtrooper squad" of your best townies with the best gear, have them go to a patrol point; everyone else woudl follow as guards when the combat started. If you can stockpile a LOT of food beforehand, you might be able to clear quite a lot of dungeon that way :lol:

Of course, I would be remiss if I didn't ask you to post a save of the town somewhere... a map that aawesome needs to be shared :D
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby martinb4d » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:57 am

I didn't thought this was possible at all lol..

I wonder if it has any noticeable hit on the performance with that many townies roaming around?
martinb4d

Postby LittleMikey » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:39 pm

martinb4d wrote:I didn't thought this was possible at all lol..

I wonder if it has any noticeable hit on the performance with that many townies roaming around?

You need a decent CPU to get that sort of population.

For kicks I made a save game where citizens would constantly spawn until my computer just couldn't handle it any more. I got up to about 26,000 before I was no longer able to give orders, if I right clicked anything the game would crash because of the path-finding overload. However, I loaded the save game back up in v14 and I can start to give orders again, so looks like the path-finding has been improved ^_^. Although it's important to note that all my villagers were just idling, there's no way you could run a functional town with that number.
LittleMikey

Return to Screens & tips