Any ideas to force them depositing?

Show us your creations and tactics!

Re: Any ideas to force them depositing?

Postby Rico379 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:20 pm

burningpet wrote:In the next patch we intend to make it so that crafted items, such as gathered wheat, fish, made weapons etc etc etc, will be put in a close by container (to be decided by the living LOS) instead of automatically thrown down. if the townie wont find a container, or if it would be full, he will then proceed to drop it.

Nice one!
Sorry for my bad english mates.
Rico379

Postby caprontos » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:08 am

Rico379 wrote:
burningpet wrote:In the next patch we intend to make it so that crafted items, such as gathered wheat, fish, made weapons etc etc etc, will be put in a close by container (to be decided by the living LOS) instead of automatically thrown down. if the townie wont find a container, or if it would be full, he will then proceed to drop it.

Nice one!

Aye.. Bows the weapon of choice for citizens... next patch..
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Postby YetiChow » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:04 am

caprontos wrote:
Rico379 wrote:

Nice one!

Aye.. Bows the weapon of choice for citizens... next patch..

Or mass-produce their vanity hats until you get "of the hawk" suffix on all the ones for your townies... naturally the first people to get the super-hats are the item makers so they store the leftovers instead of having them clutter up the place :lol:

From personal experience, it takes about 50 hats to get ANY prefix or suffix, so it should be about 500 (for 10 prefixes and suffixes IIRC) to get the specific ones... I'm going to have a hat-selling empire I do think, better get them unifallow farms going :lol:
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby Wertikov » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:12 pm

@ Hyrus: Yes, I took a lot of pictures.
@ burningpet: In my opinion, the biggest problem is, that the townies try to haul the farest stuff. (Means: They don't take the stuff next to them, no, they run to level 18 in the farest corner, to finde for example some stones.)
Wertikov

Postby muzzy » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:37 pm

YetiChow wrote:From personal experience, it takes about 50 hats to get ANY prefix or suffix, so it should be about 500

I'm at loss for words. How do you manage those items? How do you discard the bad ones? Just how damn much work is that going to be? Oh, right, make hat racks and delete them with the items still inside... That's so wrong, and it's still insane loads of work. I hope the devs punish people like you by making container contents spill on the ground if the container is destroyed! ;) Then you'll be forced to sell them to a caravan, oh yeah, that's going to be fun with the caravan UI...
muzzy

Postby caprontos » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:54 pm

muzzy wrote:
YetiChow wrote:From personal experience, it takes about 50 hats to get ANY prefix or suffix, so it should be about 500

I'm at loss for words. How do you manage those items? How do you discard the bad ones? Just how damn much work is that going to be? Oh, right, make hat racks and delete them with the items still inside... That's so wrong, and it's still insane loads of work. I hope the devs punish people like you by making container contents spill on the ground if the container is destroyed! ;) Then you'll be forced to sell them to a caravan, oh yeah, that's going to be fun with the caravan UI...

and thus... make bows!
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Postby Haggy » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:23 pm

I wonder why YetiChow not simply incorporates a new task. Revise: Need 1 Wood. Or Stone. Or Iron etc. ..
And the revised Item: As result the same item again. Just maybe this time with the prefix / Suffix.
My English is bad. Sorry, but this will not Change.

Schreib einfach in deutsch zurück ;)

Haggys Mod Comp.
Haggy

Postby YetiChow » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:40 am

muzzy wrote:

Actually, I just order a few dozen hats/whatever built at a time, and have a large stockpile nearby in the "empty space" where I'm planning to build later. I'll equip any good items as soon as they're made, the rest do get sold or if the town is particularly loaded with money I'll sometimes dump water into the middle of the stockpile to get rid of a chunk of them. Since the military caravan often has expensive items I want anyway, it's nice to have the hat empire going for those times :lol:

Haggy wrote:I wonder why YetiChow not simply incorporates a new task. Revise: Need 1 Wood. Or Stone. Or Iron etc. ..
And the revised Item: As result the same item again. Just maybe this time with the prefix / Suffix.

I would, but that requires a menu button, and I HATE having to rig up menu buttons.... :lol: I can see an argument for even just a "reforge" option where the townie takes the item to a bench and spends time tinkering with it (trying to improve it), but again it requires a menu entry for the action. About 75% of my mod ideas never get past the ideas phase because of my intense hatred of how fiddly menus can be... :lol: In fact, for many of the collaborations I work on I'll end up helping out slightly with all areas except the menus.

That's actually something I'd love to see in the coming updates, a cleaner and clearer menu structure. At the moment there are submenus going all over the place, and the .xml files get pretty convoluted when you're thinking about what goes where. I'd love it if the menus were "expanding" menus, where you have a menu (e.g. production) with tabs coming off it (e.g. food, arms + armour, tools and utilities, and materials), and each of those tabs expands further (e.g. if you open "arms + armour" you get buttons for each material/tier, and a button for clothes/vanity). The benefit with that is that you don't need a "back" button if you want to switch tabs (say, for example, if you want to go from food to armour then you can just click on the armour tab), although a "close" button would be good to "roll up" the menu back to the top level. In effect, it would make all the menus work like the main task/lower menu.
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Previous

Return to Screens & tips