CitizenCreation[0.1a] mod

Post your mods and custom content here

Re: CitizenCreation[0.1a] mod

Postby Cyrogen » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:11 am

I kept my Citizen resurrection mod & my monster resurrection mod separate (for those who wanted only one), and I'm reasonably done with citizen resurrection. I did want to add resurrection messages to the status messages but I don't think it is currently possible for modders.

The monster mod I have a more advanced version on my comp which I may throw up this weekend some time after I check it over but it's far from complete.

Your welcome to have a look at either & use what you want. You can set one single action for both corpse & human remains resurrection (to cut down on button clutter & save you having to queue them separately.)
Check out my mods to resurrect villagers & monsters!
Cyro's mods
Cyrogen

Postby elStrages » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:55 am

Cyrogen wrote:I kept my Citizen resurrection mod & my monster resurrection mod separate (for those who wanted only one), and I'm reasonably done with citizen resurrection. I did want to add resurrection messages to the status messages but I don't think it is currently possible for modders.

The monster mod I have a more advanced version on my comp which I may throw up this weekend some time after I check it over but it's far from complete.

Your welcome to have a look at either & use what you want. You can set one single action for both corpse & human remains resurrection (to cut down on button clutter & save you having to queue them separately.)

would be nice, i wont copy it exact but will expand on your ideas and put them inot my creation mod. hit us up with a link :)
elStrages

Postby Kayden » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:15 pm

Excuse my ignorance, as this is my first post and first DIY mod addition... but aren't those instructions backwards? Looking at the format of the two documents, it appears you're saying to put action stuff in the menu place and vice versa... but then again, I'm only going off data structure, not any working knowledge of the game.
Kayden

Postby Kojak » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:18 pm

Kayden wrote:but aren't those instructions backwards?

You are not ignorant. You are right :)

As you've certainly worked out by now, you just copy the contents in the other xml-file.
Kojak

Postby elStrages » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:23 pm

oops yeah haa fixed that :) but i would use the mod manager version anyway :) as its easier.
sorry :P
elStrages

Postby officinale » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:35 pm

game crashes with v9b
officinale

Postby YetiChow » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:00 am

officinale wrote:game crashes with v9b

The code content of the mod should be okay, but the formatting code will be incompatible since this mod is from a few versions ago (can't remember how many to be exact, you've necro'd a necro-based mod :lol:). It shouldn't be too hard to update the mod, but that will require the original author's permission...
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby Vagabond » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:35 pm

Is there any way to get this to work for v14a? The code looks like it is formatted differently (I tried the DIY). . .Can anyone post an updated block of code?

Thank you,
Michael
Hyrus wrote:To Yetichow:You're acting like the guy in the folk story about the cuckold who gets home to find his wife cheating on him on the couch. He throws out the couch and thinks the problem is solved.
Vagabond

Postby JackPS9 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:56 pm

Vagabond wrote:Is there any way to get this to work for v14a? The code looks like it is formatted differently (I tried the DIY). . .Can anyone post an updated block of code?

Thank you,
Michael

in all the DiY should still work
My suggestion would be try the DiY
if your game crashs then do this.....
1) Locate and go to your towns directory
2) Open error.log
3) Post your info in error.log
JackPS9

Postby Vagabond » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:58 pm

Didn't work. The code looks so much different, I didn't think it would.

Here's the error:

Code: Select all
[Sep 25, 2013 11:52:41 AM][Towns] Error Code [982]
[Sep 25, 2013 11:52:41 AM][Towns] java.lang.ClassCastException: xaos.tiles.entities.living.friendly.Friendly cannot be cast to xaos.tiles.entities.living.Citizen
   at xaos.data.LivingEntityData.a(Unknown Source)
   at xaos.tiles.entities.living.LivingEntity.a(Unknown Source)
   at xaos.tiles.entities.living.LivingEntity.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at xaos.tiles.entities.living.friendly.Friendly.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at xaos.tiles.entities.living.Citizen.L(Unknown Source)
   at xaos.tiles.entities.living.LivingEntity.ay(Unknown Source)
   at xaos.main.World.ad(Unknown Source)
   at xaos.main.a.R(Unknown Source)
   at xaos.main.a.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at xaos.Towns.main(Unknown Source)
Hyrus wrote:To Yetichow:You're acting like the guy in the folk story about the cuckold who gets home to find his wife cheating on him on the couch. He throws out the couch and thinks the problem is solved.
Vagabond

Previous

Return to Modding