DooM (Mod)

Post your mods and custom content here

Re: DooM (Mod)

Postby Neuntoter » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:21 pm

Good and bad news. First the bad news. I have stopped work on my own game project to free up more time getting to know the Towns community better and getting more time to work on this mod. which leads to the good news. I will have a lot more time to actually make progress with this project. I am feeling very good about my decision and will be glad once I have some images and video to start showing off. I have been working on a site that will be to show off this mod (project) out side from this forum which I tend to use as more a place to keep updated notes about status of the mod.

See you all super soon :D
http://www.moddb.com/company/enguised-studios

Currently working on the "DooM Towns" mod
&
Tik Tok Tank - an Enguised Studio original game
Neuntoter

Postby Neuntoter » Tue May 20, 2014 12:45 am

Alright. I have been making some good progress as far as surface appearance and wild life. I have finished up with the new cemetery area. The cemetery is an area that will contain headstones that randomly spawn weak zombies to make surface life interesting. I may also add more negative effects from the cemetery but for now it just has spawning points for enemies. I also added new items and changed how trees and bushes look to make them look a little darker to fit a DooM theme a little better. I have given the civilians a new look. They are now scientists. Basically they do research and make a living area for the doom marines when they arrive to investigate the zone.

I will fix up sprites and placements to look better as the mechanics of the mod as a whole start coming together. Some of the sprites are currently placeholders. I also did not animate any of the new living entities due to just getting them in and working. Animations will happen for enemies, heroes and scientists after when I get more time to do so.

I should be able to get a video posted on my youtube channel soon showing off these added parts and explain more of the mod and whats to come.

&
Neuntoter

Postby LittleMikey » Tue May 20, 2014 7:56 am

If you need somebody to help you with testing I'm happy to offer my services.
LittleMikey

Postby Neuntoter » Tue May 20, 2014 11:46 am

Thank you for your offer. When I do get things to that point I may just release to public and fix things as they are found. Although an early tester does have it's advantages such as less people screaming what they want lol. I will PM you when I get a little closer.

&
Neuntoter

Postby miljan02 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:40 am

Cant wait to see some news about this mod
miljan02

Previous

Return to Modding