Towns v14e (5th v14 patch) has been released

Post your mods and custom content here

Towns v14e (5th v14 patch) has been released

Postby supermalparit » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:45 pm

Towns v14e has been released.

As we did with Towns v14d, we released this build even if it have small changes. Basically we added the copy of pile/container configurations to all the other piles with a single click.

News v14
http://www.townsgame.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=238%3Atowns-v14&catid=2%3Anews&Itemid=1

Patch notes
http://www.townsgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1420

Note
- Towns v14e IS savegame compatible with Towns v9 and higher

Enjoy!
Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team

Re: Towns v14e (5th v14 patch) has been released

Postby ragnar » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:11 pm

Nice.

A question, will there be v15? Not asking when or what will be in it.
ragnar

Postby supermalparit » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:52 pm

I guess it will be v15. When we add a semi-major feature we will change the number to 15.

If we do a big change in the animals and we remove the current buildings, then for sure it will be called v15 :D
Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team

Postby YetiChow » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:03 am

Call me cynical, but IMO it's "damned if you do, damned if you don't" when it comes to version numbers - I personally love the small updates (especially now that I don't have to manually download :lol:), but there's always going to be someone who will disagree.

If smaller updates work for you and Ben, then that's awesome. If the longer, more content-rich updates are easier, then that's equally awesome in my book. I'm guessing that there's less pressure with small updates; but again I'm no expert on the whole system - I'm just glad you've found something that seems to fit more comfortably :)

Just remember that there ARE NO RULES when it comes to when and how you divide up the content - first and foremost, focus on what works; the end result will always be better than trying to force out updates that don't quite work.
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby Zaiker » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:56 pm

Ok I have to ask on behalf of everyone, is this game finally laying some foundations for future patches, because the game is great, but 90% of people aint, well more near 100% of people are not playing the game due to not wanting to play a deadbeat game of no survival aka the old CoD games is testament to this. So can we actually see some patches come out now and hopefully regularly?
Zaiker

Postby BlueSteelAUS » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:33 am

Zaiker your not talking ob behalf everyone..
A lot of us are happy with the updates that are coming out. Rather state what is making the game unplayable for you then someone might be able to help. remember you can only speak for yourself. When towns first same out it was about surviving and making a town if you could. not a simcity game or a war game or an rpg or anything else it is what it is a city building game where you gather resources and try to keep your citizens alive and happy so that your town can grow, if you can't do that then your town will fail. There have been 5 patches since v14. Patches/updates come out when they are ready, not before. Again if you don't like it make suggestions on how you think the game could be improved in the suggestions thread. This goes for everyone. this thread is about patch 14e. please keep on topic
BlueSteelAUS

Postby YetiChow » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:07 am

Or, to put it another way: Zaiker I can see why you'd think that, but it's a big assumption to open a post with. Of course, none of us are perfect there... :lol: Point is, the most constructive way to ask questions/make suggestions is to avoid assumptions wherever possible. Again, it's really not an issue... just not worth the risk of misinterpretation - I know I'm terrible in that regard, my assumed knowledge (to be fair, having made some 3500 posts I have a LOT of background; I have to cut that back with some assumptions or else every post of mine would be pages long :lol:) often makes my posts read as a "holier than thou" rebuke when really all I'm trying to do is show a different perspective.

This community has, unfortunately, had a raft of issues when it comes to certain users who ignore other perspectives in favour of only advocating their own (and again, that's something that has been applied to me lot of times now). The standard response is to unambiguously challenge the assumption right at the start, to nip any potential issues in the bud - although that runs the risk of coming off as brusque, which isn't the intention here at all.

Anyway, the important stuff: I guess what you're trying to ask is that last bit - "will there be updates, and will they be regular?" Well the good news is that yes, more updates are in the pipeline. As to how regular they'll be, it's a case of "they'' be ready when they're ready" - I don't particularly like giving that answer, I want the updates NOW DAMMIT too... but the devs work at their own speed. In my experience, it's worth the wait :)
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby NineInchWhales » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:15 pm

I started playing V14e today and I have to say that I really like the ability to copy the container settings with a single click. It works well from what I've seen. Would it be possible to have a "lock all" option that locks all the containers from being copied over? I still find myself having to open all of the containers to lock them. Maybe I'm not doing it right.
NineInchWhales

Postby ragnar » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:40 am

NineInchWhales wrote:I started playing V14e today and I have to say that I really like the ability to copy the container settings with a single click. It works well from what I've seen. Would it be possible to have a "lock all" option that locks all the containers from being copied over? I still find myself having to open all of the containers to lock them. Maybe I'm not doing it right.

I played very little the new patch (so if I am wrong and missed something please correct me). But from what i saw, you can only set for all container to have same materials, but if you want them to have different items, you will still need to go and click on every barrel the lock option or to set it your self.

While it is some improvement over the old system, the problem is still pretty same and that is if you want to have two different groups of barrels have different items in them, you will still need to click on every barrel in that second group to set it up.
ragnar

Postby BlueSteelAUS » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:52 am

there is a lock on each barrel. you can lock barrels set to have what you want in them , then go on and set others using the mass set options, then lock those then do it all again , lock those that you've just set to the second lot and mass set the remaining barrels yet again, down the line till you have no barrels to set. these settings only seem to effect pre- existing barrels , any new barrels that are build default to what you set at the beginning in your config settings , eg: store all, store none

If you understand me, if not i'll try to explain again
BlueSteelAUS

Next

Return to Modding