So, about that idea for an overhaul...

Post your mods and custom content here

Re: So, about that idea for an overhaul...

Postby Colombo » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:44 pm

BlueSteelAUS: Seriously, is there a thread where you have not did that? I mean, yeah, you have invested a lot energy to your mod and you are proud on it. But posting about it in every discussion (and usually the only post you do there) is VERY annoying.

even after those years...

gosh...

I am getting old.
Colombo

Postby Haggy » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:27 pm

It's nice that he has in his own way it fixed.

I think you can even give the game a completely new direction. Much like the Towns++ mod I'm working, well, I consider rather than working off a new Mod

Completely new design in terms of the goal. Because there should be a goal. Just hope it works, as I imagine it.
My English is bad. Sorry, but this will not Change.

Schreib einfach in deutsch zurück ;)

Haggys Mod Comp.
Haggy

Postby BlueSteelAUS » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:30 am

Colombo wrote:BlueSteelAUS: Seriously, is there a thread where you have not did that? I mean, yeah, you have invested a lot energy to your mod and you are proud on it. But posting about it in every discussion (and usually the only post you do there) is VERY annoying.

even after those years...

gosh...

I am getting old.

Colombo:
There are many,many (most of the threads actually) threads where i don't mention my mod. I only suggest it where people are stating that they would like certain features. and where i have implemented them. I don't think its a bad thing to inform people that the features that they are suggesting/requesting are available. many things that have eventually made it into towns were originally mods mine and others. it seems however unlike other games where modding to add features to the game (eg: minecraft) towns on the other hand seems to be the opposite where people frown on mods. and are less likely to use them even though they do add in the features that they require. Its not just my mod that i'm proud of its towns itself, without it my mod wouldn't exist. variety is the spice of life and its so in gaming too. people could argue that even games like skyrm , minecraft etc, should have added in feature xxx or yyy, the fact remains that they didn't but they provided ways and means for others to extend or modify the way the games look, items in the game, mobs, yes even in those games there are things that you can't mod/change. so whats so different with towns. nothing..... without mods like Towns overhaul, towns++ and many many other mods that have been around through the years. So your annoyed about me telling people that the features they want are available in my mod. because you either don't care or already know. either way i'm replying to those who are talking about needing,wanting certian features. not everyone reads every thread, not everyone knows whats in the mods already. and the raising of citizens only became available recently in the history line of towns. so on this topic i haven't mentioned this feature in towns++ all that long. it was added because people wanted that feature.
Haggy is a good mod developer. as are most mod writers and yes we are all proud of our work that we have done for this great game and its players.

or should i write, gee your right i wish someone would add that feature.. i wonder why no one has thought of it before or gee i'm stupid that i haven't added something like that. ohh but wait ... i have.. and guess what it might even help someone else add their own version of that feature too..

To everyone else never be afraid to give modding a go you'll be rather surprised what you can do, not happy with something in the game try modding it, like haggy has done with this mod, all modders are tweaking the game to add / change things in the game that they don't like or think should be done differently, overhaul away everyone and happy modding and enjoy playing Towns
BlueSteelAUS

Postby Colombo » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:25 am

Sorry for poking into your ego...

geez..
Colombo

Postby YetiChow » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:30 am

Colombo wrote:Sorry for poking into your ego...

geez..

WARNING: This is going to be another one of those "people, please..." comments...

The thing is, while BlueSteel probably could have put some better framing around that post to direct it more towards the "this was my solution to the question" (to be frank, it also looked a bit like advertising to me as well); there was an attempt to offer a solution. Perfect attempt or not, it helps... at least it certainly helps more than the "____ isn't good enough, fix now pls kthanks" comments that are proliferating in creative/modding circles at an alarming rate.

At the end of the day, advertising (intentional or not) doesn't hurt anyone. "Anti-advertising" can, however, if it turns people off of asking questions.

Back to the subject of raising townies

The other option is that old "prisoners" idea - hide cages underground with an attached "spawn citizen" action, surround them with "guard monsters" for extra challenge, even sprinkle in a few trapped heroes... a bit less sandbox, but there's still the option to randomise the outcome of the action so that it's not rigid progression. Not so great for a normal game, but as a scenario it could be fun... just needs someone to make it :lol:

On that note, good luck with your project Haggy - great to see new developments in the pipeline.
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby Colombo » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:52 am

At the end of the day, advertising (intentional or not) doesn't hurt anyone.

Do you know what "spam" is?
Colombo

Postby miljan02 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:10 pm

Colombo wrote:
At the end of the day, advertising (intentional or not) doesn't hurt anyone.

Do you know what "spam" is?

Wtf dude?
He posted how he did something in his mod, and actually the only post that is spam here is yours as it doesnt add anything to this thread or conversation and is more a troll bait. So stop talking bullshit , If you have some personal problems with BlueSteel and his mod do it in PM, but don't spam the thread with your offtopic crap and trolling.
miljan02

Postby Haggy » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:14 pm

Calm down. That could have been more polite to write. Otherwise swings the whole here unnecessarily high.
My English is bad. Sorry, but this will not Change.

Schreib einfach in deutsch zurück ;)

Haggys Mod Comp.
Haggy

Previous

Return to Modding