Deleting every weapon and armour item

Post your mods and custom content here

Deleting every weapon and armour item

Postby exelsisxax » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:02 am

I can't get the last of them since the delete function doesn't work. Increasing levels to 50 means that they can't drop as random loot, and giving <maxage> to the item chests gets rid of gold/silver/special equipment. But some mobs have items that they drop by name, and I don't know how to prevent that without going down the rabbithole. Any solutions?
exelsisxax

Re: Deleting every weapon and armour item

Postby YetiChow » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:58 am

Give all weapon items a 1 tick MaxAge? They'll still drop, but they'll go away again immediately.

If you remove *every single entry and reference* for each weapon, you should be able to simply delete/comment out the weapons from the code; you just need to be sure to track down:

- the items themselves in items.xml
- references to them in the drop tables in livingentities.xml (probably easier to replace the "item by level" tags with a resource like with the golem enemies)
- actions to make them in actions.xml (and associated action buttons in the menu)
- entries in graphics.ini (since there's no longer an item, there shouldn't be a graphic for that item)

Removing the "drop by name" lines in livingentities.xml shouldn't send you down the rabbithole; so your first idea should be more than effective... you just need to make sure that you don't leave an "dangling references" if you're deleting anything.
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby exelsisxax » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:44 am

Give them maxage... just like I did with the chests. I'm dumb.

I'm trying to do all of this from the mods folder, so I can't just comment thing out. Tried delete="true" and found that it unfortunately does nothing. And I don't need the graphics gone, just for them to never show up ingame unless I want them to. But yeah, just making those few other items evaporate is a perfect solution.
exelsisxax

Postby YetiChow » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:04 am

Yeah, working from the mods folder is more difficult, I still think of mods in the "old school" manual edits sense :lol:

The point about removing the graphics is that when you delete any line of code, you need to check for and track down any "loose" or "dangling" references - lines that call on or reference the bit of code you removed. You should be able to delete whole entries from within the mod files (although you'd have to ask someone else about the specifics of doing that, still haven't wrapped my head around that side of things because I'm too lazy to package any "proper" mods and release them :lol:), but again you'd need to make sure you track down any references or you will go down the rabbithole doing that.

The maxage voodoo does work, but there really should be a way to do what you want by "properly" deleting the drop tables... IIRC, you should be able to use the overwrite ("replace") function to write a new version of the monsters' entry in livingentities.xml which doesn't include a drop table, or has a modified one such as only dropping bones. There is a full run-down of how it all works, try searching "new mod manager formats" or something along those lines and it should turn up where Supermalparit explained it all :)

Either way, good luck :)
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby exelsisxax » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:33 pm

So that seemed to work, but then I had 10 tabs in stockpiles that don't actually exist anymore. Gold, silver, and special armour and weapon types can't be deleted because of the evilrogue's <steal> entry, which isn't overwritten from the mods folder, and you can't seem to be able to delete entities. Stone, wood, and bone armour and weapons can't be deleted because of the same problem, but this time with caravans. Item crates might be a problem, but i can't see those crashes before rogues crash the game.

What gives? Why are these particular lines being added to, rather than overwitten? Why can't I delete either caravans or rogues, with either delete="true" or delete id="___"? Why don't barrels have better container tags, just a list of the whole types they can store rather than just the root type that makes it irritating as hell to do anything?

While i'm asking a bunch of questions, how do I make a hero unique? I can't find any sort of tag for it :(
exelsisxax

Postby Haggy » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:09 pm

Uniqe Hero:
<name esES="Hero">Hero</name> <=== THIS!

Look at the heroes Vechs. Pay attention to its name string. Then you look at the barbarians. And whose Names-string.
That's what makes a hero a unique simple. Only this one String.
My English is bad. Sorry, but this will not Change.

Schreib einfach in deutsch zurück ;)

Haggys Mod Comp.
Haggy

Return to Modding