Size of game world

Post your mods and custom content here

Size of game world

Postby Kyuujou » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:57 am

Is there a mod or way to increase the size of the game world by double or triple the base size?

Also are there any nap editors?
Kyuujou

Re: Size of game world

Postby Haggy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:15 pm

Y-axis: 200
X-axis: 200
Z-axis: standard 32 - can be increased up to 64 (Levels)
My English is bad. Sorry, but this will not Change.

Schreib einfach in deutsch zurück ;)

Haggys Mod Comp.
Haggy

Postby tom k. » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:29 am

The game world size (per layer) is hard coded and is integral to the game engine. However you can increase the number of layers on the map
Tom K.
Former Community Moderator

Please read the FAQs before posting.
Towns' Official Modding Partner Site - Townsmods.net
tom k.

Postby Haggy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:44 pm

I wanted to say with my post.

It was late at night. ;)
My English is bad. Sorry, but this will not Change.

Schreib einfach in deutsch zurück ;)

Haggys Mod Comp.
Haggy

Postby legendof7th » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:16 am

Check out Caprontos's map mod: http://townsmods.net/projects/view/13

It contains maps of various depth and height as well as design and biomes.
legendof7th

Postby Bud1980 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:57 am

you guys still did not say HOW to game world size what folder and what file would really fucking help
Bud1980

Postby YetiChow » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:29 am

Bud1980 wrote:you guys still did not say HOW to game world size what folder and what file would really ********* help

First of all, I'd suggest you edit that particualr word out - I get that you're frustrated, and there's no point having someone report it. Personally I'm not worried, but the rules are there to protect everyone... that said, I also believe in a fair go. (I'll edit this part out when something has been done about the post, whichever way it gets done).

Back to the question: as Tom said, the "size" as in x/y dimensions of the map is hardcoded - it's set into the game engine, so the "folder" it's in would be the xaos.jar. In other words, it's well beyond reach of anyone without java programming ability... if you happen to have such ability, you can modify your own world size but you wouldn't be allowed to distribute that mod (you may be able to talk with the Devs about releasing an injector for the changed code, but that's something which ultimately comes down to their discretion)

The depth of the world is handled in gen_map.xml; specifically

Code: Select all
<init id="init">
      <numLevelsOutside>12</numLevelsOutside>
      <numLevelsUnderground>20</numLevelsUnderground>
      <mainTerrain>grass,dirt,dungeon3,stone</mainTerrain>
      <numCitizens>11</numCitizens>
      <startingLevel>11</startingLevel>
      <startingEvents>dawn,hot,cold</startingEvents>
      <startingEventsPCT>100,10,8</startingEventsPCT>
      <numGods>2d2+1</numGods>
   </init>

<numLevelsOutside> handles the levels generated above the ground level (aka sea/water level or level 0), the other one does the levels below ground. However, once those are activated the game re-numbers the levels from the top down fo rengine purposes, so if you have, say, 20 levels above and below then the top level would be 1 and the bottom would be 40. In-game though, the top level would be 20 and the bottom level would be -20.

<sartingLevel> applies to citizens; which level they generate on. You can use that to put them anywhere, even underground, but they need to be on a solid block (so if you add 20 levels on top of the existing map but don't move the terrain up, making "building room", then you'd only be able to generate the townies up to the highest point of the highest mountian). Note how it sets the level to "11", that's actually level "+1" in-game.

The other thing to consider woudl be seed placement, you need to figure out which level is level 0 in-game and start your below-ground seed generation there or lower down; otherwise you might end up with the "deep" ores coming out the tops of mountains or, in extreme cases, big chunks of metal floating in the air (and yes, I have had that happen :lol:)

Hope that answers your qquestions :)
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Return to Modding