Mineshaft Mod Deleted?

Post your mods and custom content here

Re: Mineshaft Mod Deleted?

Postby YetiChow » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:27 am

In that case, welcome to the modding club :) Your official club jacket is in the mail*

*jackets may not actually exist, jackets may simply be a figment of my imagingation. This post does not represent the views of SMP or Townsforums.net, and may be interperted entirely as a (poor) attempt at a joke.
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby BlueSteelAUS » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:16 am

Still waiting for my jacket, oh wait they weren't around when i started. lol hell there wasn't even a club
BlueSteelAUS

Postby YetiChow » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:46 am

BlueSteelAUS wrote:Still waiting for my jacket, oh wait they weren't around when i started. lol hell there wasn't even a club

Did you read the fine print? :lol:

That said, I have an idea.... it's a stupid idea, but then most of my ideas are pretty stupid... :lol:

Either way, I'm pretty sure that if there IS a modding club, you'd have to be one of the presidents or something BlueSteel - without you, I doubt there would be an active modding scene :)
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby JackPS9 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:22 pm

Been modding since around .50 and I'm still waitting on my jacket
JackPS9

Postby YetiChow » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:26 am

it looks like I might actually have to organise jackets now...

dammit, I knew that joke would come back to bite me... :lol:
YetiChow

Postby Haggy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:21 pm

You never want to give me one. Feel neglected!
My English is bad. Sorry, but this will not Change.

Schreib einfach in deutsch zurück ;)

Haggys Mod Comp.
Haggy

Postby JackPS9 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 pm

Well as for on Topic, I changed the mineshaft in Towns Overhauled to allow Gold, and Silver
Silver is one every 15 mins
Gold is one every 30 mins

But you are stuck smelting the ores into Ingots first though.
JackPS9

Postby Knifepoint » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:05 am

whats the script to place a mineshaft on grass above ground?
Knifepoint

Postby YetiChow » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:59 am

Knifepoint wrote:whats the script to place a mineshaft on grass above ground?

Do it the same way as for the gold and silver, just add <mustBeBuiltOver>grass</mustBeBuiltOver> and it will work on grass to produce mud.

However, there are like 4 different kinds of grass - you'd be best off looking in terrains.xml to find all the different types, and include all of them (separate tags/lines for each grass type) so that you can build the mineshaft on all grass types.

If you wanted to be able to place the mineshaft on grass and have it mine metals, however, that's more tricky. The mineshafts only produce the metal/material of the terrain they're built over. You probably already knew that, but I figured it was best to cover all bases :)
YetiChow

Postby LittleMikey » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:58 am

YetiChow wrote:
Knifepoint wrote:whats the script to place a mineshaft on grass above ground?

Do it the same way as for the gold and silver, just add <mustBeBuiltOver>grass</mustBeBuiltOver> and it will work on grass to produce mud.

However, there are like 4 different kinds of grass - you'd be best off looking in terrains.xml to find all the different types, and include all of them (separate tags/lines for each grass type) so that you can build the mineshaft on all grass types.

If you wanted to be able to place the mineshaft on grass and have it mine metals, however, that's more tricky. The mineshafts only produce the metal/material of the terrain they're built over. You probably already knew that, but I figured it was best to cover all bases :)

You could probably change the drop tag on the various grass terrains to make drop iron or gold and then mines should produce that, but that would be what I call overpowered xD
LittleMikey

PreviousNext

Return to Modding