Mod Manager

Post your mods and custom content here

Mod Manager

Postby novemberdream07 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:40 pm

Hey folks,

I am currently running Towns v0.8a via Steam on Windows 7 and I have unzipped the Mod Manager into a folder and when I click on it I get the message "unable to locate towns executable. Please browse to it." I have tried locating Towns but since windows is searching for a towns executable nothing comes up in any towns folders. Incidentally, yes, I have tried turning off and back on again. Just want to make sure that there isn't something rather obvious that I have missed or that I am looking for the wrong thing.

Thanks!
novemberdream07

Re: Mod Manager

Postby JackPS9 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:42 pm

novemberdream07 wrote:Hey folks,

I am currently running Towns v0.8a via Steam on Windows 7 and I have unzipped the Mod Manager into a folder and when I click on it I get the message "unable to locate towns executable. Please browse to it." I have tried locating Towns but since windows is searching for a towns executable nothing comes up in any towns folders. Incidentally, yes, I have tried turning off and back on again. Just want to make sure that there isn't something rather obvious that I have missed or that I am looking for the wrong thing.

Thanks!

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\towns
Place your MM files in there and it will work.
JackPS9

Postby JackPS9 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:48 pm

ericb1800 wrote:
JackPS9 wrote:
novemberdream07 wrote:Hey folks,

Thanks!

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\towns
Place your MM files in there and it will work.

If I am not mistaken, you need to create a blank text file in that directory, then rename it Towns.exe and point to it when asked by Mod Manager...

Not always, I have talked to alot of people that already have the .exe
JackPS9

Postby Benneb » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:55 pm

I bought my copy from steam and it had the .exe
Benneb

Postby novemberdream07 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:34 pm

Got it going thanks for the help!
novemberdream07

Postby JackPS9 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:56 pm

ericb1800 wrote:
Benneb wrote:I bought my copy from steam and it had the .exe

Thank you! Good info to know. Was yours version 8a when downloaded? I am curious if this was one of the updates in the last version they said was mainly for steam...

v8a was the first version on stream.
It was probably just a problem with the download at the start, cause only some people were lacking the .exe till they reinstalled.
JackPS9

Postby HowarJK8 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:46 am

I purchased my duplicate from steam and it had the .exe
HowarJK8

Postby gondar5678 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:32 pm

thanks for the help!
gondar5678

Return to Modding