Forum Game List

Anything other than Towns

Re: Forum Game List

Postby pander » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:53 am

The game idea in the previous post is being shelved as I am now the GM of the restored Tales of Caelandonia, a game where you can decide your own fate. Emphasis switched to can because players can opt to either play a traditional role playing type game with a GM that steers the players toward decisions and controls the environment and NPCs or an alternate mode where a player can fully narrate a story within the context of an ever developing world. Players also have a great amount of control over back story and the names of the people and places around them and where those places are in relation to each other.

New members can easily jump into the world, as the game does not insist that there be a main party, or an over arching story line that players must participate in. The game is also not character generation heavy. A player can say, "I'm a squirrel, I'm looking for nuts," and voila, a character is born. The game does encourage a player to build up a history and have dynamic conversations with NPCs and make careful plans, but a player that wants the bare minimum of requirements to play can skate by without severe penalties.

edit: suggestion for the original post: could you divide dead and alive forum games into separate lists to more easily distinguish between those that are still active?
I now run the forum game Tales of Caelandonia http://townsgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3769.
Mechanics, rules and story outlines are found in the discussion page: http://townsgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8853
Join us!
pander

Postby bobbys » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:15 pm

So yeah, Dungeon guardian is officially dead. Might get revived during the summer but probably not.
bobbys

Location: Somewhere between the Cloudlands of Dreams and Cold Hard Reality. This will hurt.

Postby Turtle King » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:06 am

Everyone check out my new forum game Diplomacy! You get to control an entire kingdom!
I am Russian. I love Turtles. I am Turtle King.
Turtle King

Postby Egreham » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:22 pm

XCOM: Darkest before Dawn, The Bobbys Game here.
Apparently, my dragon's dead out of my neglect
Egreham

Postby bobbys » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:29 pm

There is the Forum Game/Story in Screens and Tips "The finding of plainsville" Always welcoming anyone other than the two of us who contribute.
bobbys

Location: Somewhere between the Cloudlands of Dreams and Cold Hard Reality. This will hurt.

Postby GreenZanbato » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:02 am

I'm pretty sure Aduvash isn't going to come back and update this anytime soon, maybe someone else should take over.
Currently dead, but feel free to look through it! Click the banner to go there!
GreenZanbato

Previous

Return to Off-topic